Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhuast Suggestions ?

Iam thinking about getting a catback system for my 00 TJ V6 , i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to get , pros and cons of any brands ? Iam thinking about getting the Borla cat back system,

Thanks alot,
    -Cody-

I'm not sure anyone makes an exhaust system for the TJ V6.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

*cough* find and replace V with I */cough*
      Bryan
      2003 black TJ 4.0 manual
      front-OX-35 rear-OX-44 4.88
      Rock-It Man rear bumper + rock rails, currie front bumper

Comment

Oops sorry guys " Inline six" Sorry for my little screw up... geeze give me a break.

Comment

Originally posted by SodyClack
          Iam thinking about getting a catback system for my 00 TJ V6 , i was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what to get , pros and cons of any brands ? Iam thinking about getting the Borla cat back system,

Thanks alot,
          -Cody-
          I have the borla system. It sounds good, but the muffler has rusted through in a couple places.
          [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
          SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

I also have the Borla on my CJ. The tube is not really stainless, just coated, and the muffler was not coated at all as near as I could tell. Mine was in a couple pieces after a couple years and I don't even live in a wet climate. In my opinion, their "stainless" claim is a marketing sham and false advertising. But all said and done, the fit and finish is excellent and it is well made. Just a bit overpriced for what you are buying in my opinion. I think when I build my next engine it's going to have a stock manifold and 3" exhaust built by my local muffler shop. It will be custom, routed where I want it, and larger than the aftermarket stuff. Rust is not really an issue where I live, so Borla can keep their "stainless" junk. If I have to replace it every couple years anyway, why buy something that costs double...
            1986 CJ-7; 4.6L stroker, balanced & blueprinted; 5" lift, 35x1250 MTRs, Poison Spyder Full Width kit,
            My Jeep

Moab Rocker Knocker Video:shades:

Comment

Dyno test of Dynomax on an XJ, i'm sold.
              Dynomax dyno
              2000 XJ, 108k miles
              33's, RE 4.5", 4.56

Comment

The ultra flow fully welded muffler is the only box i've never broken (yet!) it puts up with the twisting and vibration i get off road pretty well, oh and it's the nicest sounding! especially on my wifes XJ with the 6 popper!
                Mighty 4 banger YJ, 35's,4.88's, 30 splines, Detroits, 4.5" lift, TJ flares, Scorpion Offroad stuff, blah, blah, blah.

Comment

what about manifold exhaust cuz as u know tjs have a crack in em.
                  99' TJ Sahara 4inch Fab Tech 31inch X-Terrains

Comment

i like the quietness of the stock exhaust. it helps me to find the rattles better
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

i have a flowmaster 40 series and stock pipes. it sounds ok but i didnt weld the entire thing on so now take it off when i wanna make noise

dont worry all you environmental hippies i still have my cat.
                      B R E T T
                      87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

Working...
                      X