Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-case Blues

I think I broke something today...I was crawling down out of the mountains today and the T-case popped out of lowrange. The shifter will shift and work correctly in 2-hi, and 4-high, but when i shift into 4-low it acts like it is in neatral. It also started making a fairly ugly noise on the way home. Anybody have any ideas???
    That's a BIG rock!

I'll bet you f'ed up the low range shift fork. Of course this is only a guess, but if that's the problem it's a fairly cheap part to replace assuming your willing to tear apart the tc.

good luck.
    myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I am willing to pay someone to tear apart the t-case. That way if it still does not work I can blame someone besudes myself...
      That's a BIG rock!

Comment

maybe the linkage is misaligned? Is it a NP231? Maybe the chain got eff'd?

Atlas time?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

it's a 231 with the tera 4to1. I guess i will find out monday when i have my buddy tear it apart. As far as the atlas goes...I have not been that good this year.
          That's a BIG rock!

Comment

don't be so hard on yourself.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I had this happen to me the first time I took my heap out, it made a really loud clank then pop sound....I just put it back in 4lo and was lucky enough that it still worked. Unfortunately, I'm not experienced with tcases, so I'm sorry I can't offer any help.
              04 Rubicon
              4.5" RE Super Flex
              1" BL
              CV Yoke w/ Driveshaft
              Currie Anti-rock swaybar
              35" el cheapos
              Front Bumper & Rockers

Comment

I pulled it out tonight, into the shop it goes tomorrow. At least no big pieces or shavings came out when I drained the fluid. Will let everybody know what the verdict is.
                That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Looks like I blew up the 4-low planitary gear, should be fixed tomorrow. Oh well, them's the Breaks.....
                  That's a BIG rock!

Comment

That's why they say no high rpm's in 4 low with the tera low..
                    1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Yep, going to have to watch the RPM's. I am putting it back in on friday so I am back in biz...
                      That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Working...
                      X