Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibes

My jeep got a lift this weekend (ZJ V8 Coil Spring swap and Rancho 9000S Shocks) which got me about 2.5". Everything went fairly well except for the 4 wheel studs that broke when taking on the rear tires. Replacing the studs was not biggie but

I do notice in the lower speeds I am getting some vibrations. Only during acleration and under 40 mph. The amount of vibration varies with the amount of force applied to the gas pedal

I don't think I need to do a t-case drop (saving that for last).The FSM had no procedures for adjusting the rear pinion angle and my searching has yet to yield any results.

Any help would be greatly appericated.
    Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Sounds like you're on your way toward "death wobble."
    Here's a thread I started a while back,
    http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...t=death+wobble
    IIRC, alot of people gave advice and opinions on what could be wrong. My wobble is back though, and it sounds more like yours now, except it's between 45 and 50, and we haven't figured it out. I think Rick believes it's the control arms, among other things.
    Also try a search here for death wobble, I think there are a few threads on this that might help get you started right away. Hope that helps.
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Thanks for the thread, thats a lot of reading so have to save it for my lunch break.

A little more research shows that I will need degree cam bolts or adjustable upper control arms for the rear. Looks like a busy time for me at lunch doing more research
      Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Is it a vibration in the front end or in the rear end?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

thats a good question and for the life me I can not recall. I will post back tonight once I get home from work.

Now that I am thinking about it, it does seem to be coming from the front but not 100% sure right now.
          Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

I'm betting it's driveshaft related. Either balance or angle or both.
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Okay, the vibes are coming from the front end and happens only around 35-40. I won't get to work on it, til tomorrow so I will keep everyone posted on my lastest adventure
              Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Well here is an update. Sunday corrected toe-in and centered steering wheel. Vibes decreased dramatically but were still there. Got new tires put on today (33" BFG MT) and now vibes are gone.
                Michael

[sign]nlm mln[/sign]

Comment

Wohoo! Congrats, on both accounts!
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                  X