Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm positive it could be negative...? Seriously, the shock bracketry could be set at any angle in relation to the C's - as well as the diff housing itself. The only accurate place to measure would be the top or bottom of the C on a flat spot. Just for giggles, check that against your diff cover and/or your pinion yoke. Being a custom axle, I'd doubt they're the same. Sweet setup BTW!
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
      I'm positive it could be negative...? Seriously, the shock bracketry could be set at any angle in relation to the C's - as well as the diff housing itself. The only accurate place to measure would be the top or bottom of the C on a flat spot. Just for giggles, check that against your diff cover and/or your pinion yoke. Being a custom axle, I'd doubt they're the same. Sweet setup BTW!
      Thanks. The 1st photo with the angle finder by itself is showing what the reading is when placed on top of the ball joint on the driver side facing the tire. I understand that the shock bracketry can be set at any angle but assume it would be zero'd out if they set the C's at the correct caster for a jeep when welding the C's on. Would make sense. In all honesty I set the jeep up eyeball style. Even the track bar... Everything.... Only thing that is true is the lower control arms. They didnt change from my last assy but hell, could be off as well. Who knows. Anyways I eyeball aligned it and took it for a drive. At 40 mph no wiggles no wobbles no nothing. Only thing is that it does very slightly pull to the right. I had Blaine put a large bend in the Currie drag link to clear the passenger sway bar bracket so I had to lengthen the drag. In doing so I had to lengthen the tie rod. I put a stock pitman arm on so I had to play with that to. And I had to put a Currie Track bar on to clear the diff so that got funky too. Amazed at how well she tracks actually. Im sure it's out of alignment but I was expecting much worse on a drive down the residential street. Whatever shop aligns it, they are going to earn their money... Not a hard adj though since everything is adj and as of now oil, dirt, and grime free.
      Last edited by brokenujoint; 06-23-13, 01:05 PM.
      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Looks great....congrats!

Comment

That's a sweet looking axle, which is what I forgot to say in the 1st place, I to have a dream, someday...............
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by GP4Play View Post
            That's a sweet looking axle, which is what I forgot to say in the 1st place, I to have a dream, someday...............
            Thanks. Actually, life would be much better for me right now if I didn't get that front end. I blew my knee out about 3 days after making the purchase and had to have a couple of surgeries. That money could of/should of went to my medical deductibles etc...No pain no gain right? For about 1k more I prob could of went to a 60 but then I'd have to deal with steering and clearance... The 44 is all I need. Im not a crazy throttle jocky.
            1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
            X