Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got a visit from the locker fairy! The good - Detroit. The better - I could afford it! The bad - it's for standard 3.92 and up. I'm running Rubicon thick 4.10's and need to find a set of standard gears. Given the price, I can afford to find a set
    God forgives, rocks don't
    -sons of thunder

Comment

Awesome! I hope the alloy axle fairy is on her way.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

If I can find some for $50 like this locker, you can bet on it :haha:
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Wow, great deal!
          holes = cowbell

Comment

I ran over two nuns and a puppy on my way to pick it up - and didn't even look back.

Anybody have any 4.10 gears that are for the 3.92 & up carrier? When I built my 44, all I could find was the standard gears. Now all there is are thick cut...
            Last edited by 6spdYJ; 08-11-13, 07:02 AM.
            -sons of thunder

Comment

I've seen used / NOS standard gears on eBay recently.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

The YJ decided to munch the spiders on the way home from work. I had three solutions to keep it from happening again: 1. Quit working, 2. Quit driving on paved roads, 3. Install the detroit with a set of gears I picked up a few weeks ago. I actually pondered getting a new set of spiders but figured if one set let go it was only putting the pin back in the grenade. So, I got locked up this weekend
                -sons of thunder

Comment

Awesome!
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

Ive got some spicer 4.56 gears up for sale but then again that prob wont help you much will it.
                    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

I want to take back what I said earlier in the thread about your $50 Detroit being a great deal. It wasn't a great deal, it was practically a give away
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                        I want to take back what I said earlier in the thread about your $50 Detroit being a great deal. It wasn't a great deal, it was practically a give away
                        Actually... I saw it on C/L one morning, called the guy and he still had it - said he had several calls but nobody had cash. I committed with an empty wallet and arranged to meet the buyer of the coilovers near the locker guy's house that night. Coilovers: $old, Locker: $50, stupid grin all the way home: ME!
                        -sons of thunder

Comment

And you didn't even get any tickets on the way there. You're such a smooth operator!
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                          X