Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terralo isn't exactly quiet either, from what I have driven my Atlas on the street it's fairly quiet in high range, sings a bit in low range doing 15 mph or so

Comment

Well you can't beat Altas for reliability. That's for sure.

But my first choice would be a NP241OR
      Last edited by curtis; 09-26-12, 07:40 AM.
      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, you were asking about highway noise, not jackstand noise.
        holes = cowbell

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
          Mine sure ain't noisy.
          Must have a kick ass sound system!:wink:
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Comment

Yeah, that's mechanical philosophy: if you hear something you don't like, turn the stereo up! :homer:

Seriously I've driven it several times at about 60+ mph, but the windshield was always down, the exhaust on the loud side. At that speed the wind is pretty loud in the ears. I don't remember ever hearing much of anything out of the Atlas in high gear at lower speeds, and it's barely broken in.

It's almost off the jackstands again, so hopefully the Kenwood will be back home soon.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

you could keep your np231 w SYE and just through a 4/1 Klune in front of it. No drive line issues if you stretch... then you have 1-1, 2.72, 4.0, or 10.88

Comment

buy an atlas. you will regret spending money any other way
                You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Well today I got my Tera low back from Teraflex. They rebuild the hole thing and didn't charge me anything for it. So I must be having some good Karma today. Or maybe it was the 4 phone calls and 5 e-mails I gave them. Well anyway I'm happy wilth there service.

Comment

So you gonna run it?
                    holes = cowbell

Comment

That's a good question. I bought a couple of TC's this week. So I don't know if I will put the Np241OR in or the Tera low in, for the Hump & bump. I will probably do what is easier and then sell it all and get the atlas.

Comment

Well change of plans. I sold one of the TC's last night. So I decided to keep the one NP241OR and put a two low kit in it. I will sell the new tera low and SYE TC.

Comment

Before I stumbled upon the Atlas I would have been thrilled to get my hands on an NP241OR. Especially with the 2-Low kit, that should be awesome t-case.
                          holes = cowbell

Comment

Ok the last couple of weeks I pick up 2 NP241OR TC'S. I kepted this one.

My question is do you think I need to keep the balance weight,or replace it with just a yoke? I have a AW4 trans.

Comment

You're not running the driveshaft it came with, so put a yoke on it.

Your AW4 won't know the difference.
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

I took mine off, when I lifted my rubi, 2.5 years ago. Mine works just fine. no issues.
                                It was like that when I got here.

Comment

Working...
                                X