Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep, geek I was born, and Jeep geek am becoming.

HP44 is cool if you can build it on the cheap, but unless you're spending big bucks, the joints aren't going to be any stronger than what you could have in a D30, and the joints in a HP30 are arguably the weak point. How much more for an HP44? If you're going to spend $1000 or more on an axle, go at least HP60 beef. It's a lot cheaper if you don't include an ARB in there. Put an Aussie in the front, and wheel the crap out of it. If a rear locker you have, a front selectable I think you don't require. Nice yes, worth $1000, perhaps not.

What I'm designing my Jeep for is to have two different sets of axles: the axles I have and can afford now, and the big axles I hope to be able to afford soon.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

I will sell you my HP D30 with 27 spline Chromo's ARB, 4.88's new rotors and black magic pads. Rob built it for me. I will be swapping in a new set up so I can turn my 37's I did the rubicon no problem and a few other fun trails the last year. PM me if interested...

B

Comment

David, cut those C's off of the Scout 30, get some Chevy knuckles and F-150 outers. Do an outer sleeve for a 3" OD. Use your TJ inner shafts and you'll have a HP, flat-top knuckles and manual hubs. Not fast, but with yer' skills it could come together for a do-able price.
        God forgives, rocks don't
        -sons of thunder

Comment

Originally posted by vwtipeii View Post
          I will sell you my HP D30 with 27 spline Chromo's ARB, 4.88's new rotors and black magic pads. Rob built it for me. I will be swapping in a new set up so I can turn my 37's I did the rubicon no problem and a few other fun trails the last year. PM me if interested...

B
          already have a 27 spline ARB and new rotors..... I think I'll save my money and get it done right. tired of back pedal-ing and covering up my 30 with excuses and doubts. Super thx for the offer though.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by 6spdYJ View Post
            David, cut those C's off of the Scout 30, get some Chevy knuckles and F-150 outers. Do an outer sleeve for a 3" OD. Use your TJ inner shafts and you'll have a HP, flat-top knuckles and manual hubs. Not fast, but with yer' skills it could come together for a do-able price.
            Ted, that sounds like a fun project, but I'm selling the Scout with the 30. Wish I had time to fix it up, but I don't. The outer sleeves are a good idea for a number of reasons, but I think the inners will be easier. I haven't yet convinced myself to cut all the mounts and such off of the HP30 axle. They're actually in really good shape. Postponing the inevitable, maybe. You know I like the flat-top knuckles, but I'm not a huge fan of lockout hubs and never have been. Back in the day it was just what there was and what you dealt with. The automatic ones were especially troublesome. When I hopefully do build a beef front axle, I will be seriously considering some equally beef unit bearings.
            holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
            X