Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know what battery pliers are? They are awesome for removing rounded bolt heads. Or a chisel a hammer and some finesse will get it out
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by RAT View Post
      Do you know what battery pliers are? They are awesome for removing rounded bolt heads. Or a chisel a hammer and some finesse will get it out
      well the issue I see for most anything other then the exact socket or even good wrench is the location. If you have ever tried to get to these lil POS bolts you know...

If it were me I would use a Quality air hammer and try to get it to spin that way, and if not then take the head off with it, then remove the shaft, and pull the yoke to get the rest out, while on a work bench...
      *Ricky Bobby* "I'm on FIRE!"... "I'm on FIRE!"...

Comment

I agree with the above post, cutting the head off at least lets you pull the drive shaft out of the way. The driveshaft side of the u-joint should not be threaded so with the head of the bolt cut off, the drive shaft pulls out. Removing the yoke is easy and on a work bench would be much easier to deal with the remaining left over bolt. Heating the yoke with a torch should break any corrosion build up in the threads of the yoke around the bolt. A pair of vise grips should be able to remove the bolt.
        Some say that if you listen to the little voices, you are open minded, if you answer them, you belong in a white padded room. I say, have a conversation!!

Comment

Like I said if you can make it drivable come see me. I am pretty crafty and will figure out a way to get that little devil out

Comment

try applying heat from a torch as possibly have rust, corrosion and or loctite holding it. then try to remove
            06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
            07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

Torched it a little and came right out.

Another question lol is installing the axle shafts as easy as taken them out? Im thinking about the splines lineing up in the gears. Im assuming its straight forward takin the day off to fix this the cv's are no longer road worthy, rattlin in the axle housing like crazy going down the street

Comment

slip them out and slip them back in

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  slip them out and slip them back in
                  Thats what im shootin for thanks im going to take off wednesday get up in the am and hit it.

Comment

Working...
                  X