Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$600 bucks! sound like they dont want to do it too me.

Comment

I don't know what the hell you guys..All I Do know, is I'm so tired of dealing with this issue. It's so irritating on the trail. It just never shuts up. I have to turn it off to be able to hear my spotter. Freakin annoying! Keep running it like this and I suppose I won't have to worry about it anymore because I'll have burned it out.
      Last edited by I H8RDS; 01-27-12, 10:40 AM.
      Jeep Girl

Comment

Originally posted by I H8RDS View Post
        I don't know what the hell you guys..All I Do know, is I'm so tired of dealing with this issue. It's so irritating on the trail. It just never shuts up. I have to turn it off to be able to hear my spotter. Freakin annoying! Keep running it like this and I suppose I won't have to worry about it anymore because I'll have burned it out.
        Turn both lockers on with the engine off then listen for an air leak at the front axle vent hose, it has a little cap on the drivers side of the radiator by the windshieldwasher and radiator bottle. With the arb compressor running if you hear air coming out of that vent then either the copper tube or the seals for the arb inside the diff are leaking. If the air does not come out of there then it's either the blue plastic line or at the solenoid, use soapy water and look for air bubbles

Comment

OK all your seals have been replaced and no luck. If you don’t have a leak in the blue line then one of your solenoids on top of the compressor is probably bad. Since the compressor doesn’t turn off you can’t hear the air leaking coming from it.

Try locking the front only to see if the compressor locks and then turns off?
          Try locking the rear only to see if the compressor locks and then turns off?

Your pressure switch could also be bad.

Before I bought my Jeep I too would take my vehicles to the mechanic. Know I think if you own a jeep you really need to have lots of tools or friends with lots of tools. In the past 10 years I’ve probably spent more on tools then on my Jeep and I bought my Rubi new in 2004.
          04 Rubi
          00 XJ

Comment

Thanks you guys..I'll write all this down. I'm going to Tom's today (Black and Tan TJ) to put on my upgrades. We'll test all this out.

Sears just had a sale. I bought my first set of tools. From now on, I plan on wrenching my Jeep with anyone who is willing to show me what to do. My goal is to learn enough to wrench on my buddies' Jeeps when they need help.
            Last edited by I H8RDS; 01-28-12, 05:36 AM.
            Jeep Girl

Comment

If your willing to pick up a wrench thats 1/2 the battle. Most women wont even look at any tool. I always say if you own a Heep youd better know how to work on it because it will eventually break and possibly leave you stranded on a trail. If you dont know how to fix it your sol! because there are very few tow trucks that go off road. Good thing most jeepers carry tools and spare parts and are willing to help a stranded fellow jeeper out.

Comment

Good times! Upgrades are on and looks like I have a Currie Steering kit that needs to go on now; as we discovered my draglink is bent. She's going to be so Purty up front

I wrote down everything you guys said about testing the lockers. The compressor doesn't run forever when sitting in the garage. It only does that when I'm on the trail and have them on. I turned on the compressor, it came on for a coupe seconds and turned off. Hit the rear lockers same thing. Then all was quiet. But, when I'm wheeling, it runs forever. ? Compressor size?
                Last edited by I H8RDS; 01-28-12, 11:00 PM.
                Jeep Girl

Comment

Could you be straining a connector on an airline? Also, you said it was in a garage and it only does it on the trail. Pull it outside onto some dirt to trick it
                  God forgives, rocks don't
                  -sons of thunder

Comment

Curry correctlink Good choice! love mine . Maybe a seal in the unit itself that leaks when rotating IDK. Art be the man to talk to. Art knows arb's.

Comment

Yea, I wish I would have known it was bent before I went to Tom's. A couple pretty good mechanics in Ventura were crawling under my Jeep before I ordered my upgrades that went on yesterday. You'd think one of them would have said something. Makes me feel uneasy about taking my jeep anywhere. Thank God Tom knows what he's looking at..(and I'm learning) Tom Rocks!
                      Jeep Girl

Comment

Takes alot to bend a stock draglink. The tierod on the other hand is extremely weak. I bent mine on johnbulls first section rock garden just turning to wheel lol. Its always agood idea to check out things underneath before, during and after you hit the trail. We jeepsters are hard on stuff and things tend to bend, come loose and break more than usual. I started doing it alot more lately after finding stuff happening almost every moderate to hard run.
                        Last edited by Jeeperator; 01-29-12, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
                          Takes alot to bend a stock draglink. The tierod on the other hand is extremely weak. I bent mine on johnbulls fist section rock garden just turning to wheel lol. Its always agood idea to check out things underneath before, during and after you hit the trail. We jeepsters are hard on stuff and things tend to bend, come loose and break more than usual. I started doing it alot more lately after finding stuff happening almost every moderate to hard run.
                          My draglink is clearly bent. My tie rod is a JKS T100 and it's not bent. I check my Jeep after exceptionally tough spots and after every run....can't afford to have her broken.
                          Jeep Girl

Comment

My draglink is clearly bent. My tie rod is a JKS T100 and it's not bent. I check my Jeep after exceptionally tough spots and after every run....can't afford to have her broken.
                            It's easy to straighten the draglink stick it in a press or a pipe bender like the Harbor freight one few pumps of the handle and all is well again. On the trail we have pulled them back with a winch. if the tierod is straight but your steering is of after wheelin then the most likely culprit is a bend draglink.
                            By the way Lori is their a college in your neck of the woods that has automotive classes? If so take some, would save you a ton of money and makes for a much more intimate relationship with your Jeep

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                              It's easy to straighten the draglink stick it in a press or a pipe bender like the Harbor freight one few pumps of the handle and all is well again. On the trail we have pulled them back with a winch. if the tierod is straight but your steering is of after wheelin then the most likely culprit is a bend draglink.
                              By the way Lori is their a college in your neck of the woods that has automotive classes? If so take some, would save you a ton of money and makes for a much more intimate relationship with your Jeep

I don't like having anything "kinda" broke on my rig. I'm going to go ahead and put Currie on. She'll eventually need it anyway. I wheel a lot.
                              Jeep Girl

Comment

Good times! Upgrades are on and looks like I have a Currie Steering kit that needs to go on now; as we discovered my draglink is bent. She's going to be so Purty up front

I wrote down everything you guys said about testing the lockers. The compressor doesn't run forever when sitting in the garage. It only does that when I'm on the trail and have them on. I turned on the compressor, it came on for a coupe seconds and turned off. Hit the rear lockers same thing. Then all was quiet. But, when I'm wheeling, it runs forever. ? Compressor size?
                                If your compressor stays on only when you are out driving then either your front, rear or both locker seals are bad.
                                Like mention above find a dirt road and see if you can locate the bad locker with the bad seals.
                                Or put your Jeep up on stands lock the lockers and turn the tires by hand and see if the compressor turns on.
                                04 Rubi
                                00 XJ

Comment

Working...
                                X