Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1330 are wider than a 1310. Who makes that shaft? Looks pretty nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeeperator View Post
      1330 are wider than a 1310. Who makes that shaft? Looks pretty nice.
      www.ReedsOffroad.com

Found the bolt size. 5/16-1" fine thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JeeperYJ View Post
        www.ReedsOffroad.com

Found the bolt size. 5/16-1" fine thread.
        Correction. It was 5/16-1.5"

Comment

dang I think I saw that company on craigslist. Do you know if they use Spicer joints ?

Price seems good, although I still don't understand why a front shaft is almost double the price of the shorter rear shaft.
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
            dang I think I saw that company on craigslist. Do you know if they use Spicer joints ?

Price seems good, although I still don't understand why a front shaft is almost double the price of the shorter rear shaft.

They charge by the inch?:hide:
            An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Our web site says we use spicer ujoints.

Comment

Originally posted by JeeperYJ View Post
                ?????? The double cardan u-joint should attach to the transfer case, and the single cardan u-joint should attach to the axle, but in this photo, the transfer case flange adapter appears to be attached to the wrong end of the driveshaft. Or am I missing something????
                If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
                KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
                  ?????? The double cardan u-joint should attach to the transfer case, and the single cardan u-joint should attach to the axle, but in this photo, the transfer case flange adapter appears to be attached to the wrong end of the driveshaft. Or am I missing something????
                  Is the flange throwing you off? It goes on a Ford 8.8. They have a flange. It's correct Right side of photo goes on the TC side and left side of photo goes on the axle.

Comment

I see no splines on the shaft....
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

I see no splines on the shaft....
                      If there was none the shaft wouldn't turn the axle Your used to seeing 7" splines, these are 3" You give up the splines not needed for bigger DOM tube Any questions, PM me.

Comment

Working...
                      X