Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1310 or 1330 ujoints?

On the SYE yoke I have 1310. So, I will use 1310 there. But, on the axle side I have a flange style from the ford 8.8 Should I go with 1330 ujoints there?

No, go get a 1310 flange, from a dodge

Or you can run a conversion joint 1310 on one side and 1330 on the other. Just one more part to keep track of though
    An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Rep said their kit is complete. No adapter (from Dodge) purchase needed. Bolts right up. So, it will be a 1330 complete on the axle side, 1310 on the TC side. Follow?

Unless someone said its a bad idea. I am going to do that.

Comment

I would not use the conversion joint. It’s not that they are any weaker but in the case that you break one on the trail it is a lot more likely that you will find someone with the standard jeep size 1310 ujoint. They are also more commonly stocked at the parts stores.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

So you are going to have your driveshaft made with two different size yokes on it? Why? Is being able to fix your rig with a smaller number of parts a bad thing in your book?
          An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by JeeperYJ View Post
            Rep said their kit is complete. No adapter (from Dodge) purchase needed. Bolts right up. So, it will be a 1330 complete on the axle side, 1310 on the TC side. Follow?

Unless someone said its a bad idea. I am going to do that.
            I guess I read that wrong. You are doing differnt yokes. As long as you are awayse carrying spares..
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
              I would not use the conversion joint. It’s not that they are any weaker but in the case that you break one on the trail it is a lot more likely that you will find someone with the standard jeep size 1310 ujoint. They are also more commonly stocked at the parts stores.
              I went too napa and they had the combo 1310/1330 joint in stock. I got a rubi driveshaft with my rubi transfercase and it is alot cheaper to buy 2 combo joints(1 spare)then it is to buy a new yoke for the tc or the front axle.

Comment

You can also get the 1310 flange off of a ford areostar, that's the route I went and it worked perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by 2blk2drs View Post
                  So you are going to have your driveshaft made with two different size yokes on it? Why? Is being able to fix your rig with a smaller number of parts a bad thing in your book?
                  Adapter not being used. 1310 on TC and 1330 on axle. So, two different yokes when built. So, I am told. Pictures to come.

1310 = 1/2 ton
                  1330 = 3/4 ton

Originally posted by CalFireGuy View Post
                  You can also get the 1310 flange off of a ford areostar, that's the route I went and it worked perfect.
                  Correct. Also the ones off the ford 8.8 with drum brakes too if I remember.

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                  I guess I read that wrong. You are doing differnt yokes. As long as you are awayse carrying spares..
                  Ya, I am going to. Carry one 1310 and one 1330. I like the idea of the 1330 being stronger. The Ford 8.8 comes with a 1330 if I remember right.

Comment

1330 joints are the standard TC & front and rear driveshafts joints on a rubicon. It is said they are a little stronger than a 1310 but other than width they are identicle in size of the trunion and cap. 1310 is plenty for anything but the extreme it flexes more and is only 37% weaker than a 1350 joint according to tom woods.

Comment

So what is the point of this thread? You have already made up your mind, so who cares what everyone else thinks?

Originally posted by JeeperYJ View Post
                      Unless someone said its a bad idea. I am going to do it anyway.
                      :beer:

Comment

So what is the point of this thread? You have already made up your mind, so who cares what everyone else thinks?

:beer:
                        I ordered it after I posted and got feedback. Sean, are you on dial-up? If it takes to long to load up, don't click on the thread or if it bothers you. Did we wake up on the wrong side of the bed or is this normal behavior? haha

Comment

Ok guess I was a little cranky this morning.

But you saw the beer smiley right? :beer:

Comment

Ok guess I was a little cranky this morning.

But you saw the beer smiley right? :beer:
                            Opps! Didn't notice

Comment

DS came. Quick! $249.
                              Ok. How do I tell the difference between a 1310 and a 1330?

Also, no bolts to connect to the TC side. What size are those?

Comment

Working...
                              X