Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8

can i install a hemi426 engine in awrangler 1992?
    and does it cost alot

The 426 Hemi is a really big engine! I know the mopar small block (340/360) fits pretty well, and I've got an article somewhere where someone was able to put a Viper V-10 in a TJ. However the V-10 swap required loads of mods to the chassis and body. The 426" even had clearance problems in the old E-bodies (challenger & 'Cuda) so I don't think it's a simple swap. Of course anything will fit if you modify your Jeep enough.
    It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
    and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

If I had a 426 Hemi laying around, the last thing I would put it in would be a Jeep. My advice would be to find an old 'Cuda, or an old Willys Coupe and build a hot rod that would make the ricers cry...

Comment

Why stop at 426? Get a 620 Mopar Performance engine or a Keith Black Block. 1000 HP not enough?

Nice website? Where ya from?
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Dukes69: 620?? ...give me a break. ya want to make me fly with that beast?!!!
          not important where am i from just my intrest!

Comment

i'd be hesitant of anyone with "mr" as the first two letters of a screen name...
            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by mr desert
              where are ya from mr desert?
              someone on the board here just had a hemi put in their tj.
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by NAILER341
                someone on the board here just had a hemi put in their tj.
                It was one of the new "false" 5.7L Hemi's (I'm sorry, but real Hemi's are measured in cubic inches, not liters. And don't even get me started on Chrysler's desecration of the proud "300" moniker by marketing the 300M with a V-6).

Comment

BTW, the V10 Viper motor in a TJ was for a Minnasota Vikings player and it cost about 90K (no that is not a missprint $90,000) to have it done. Personally I am much more likely to go lower gears than to go with more motor. A Hemi is a HEAVY engine, I wouldn't want it out front of a Jeep for me.
                  35" MTRs, Ox Lockers, bellyup, cage, stuff + things... blah, blah, blah . <><

Comment

Originally posted by mr desert
                    Go big or go home, right?

Just wondering where you are from, that is all
                    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by PRegner
                      It was one of the new "false" 5.7L Hemi's (I'm sorry, but real Hemi's are measured in cubic inches, not liters. And don't even get me started on Chrysler's desecration of the proud "300" moniker by marketing the 300M with a V-6).
                      Any engine that makes 1 Horsepower per cubic inch is OK by me. Oh and 375 foot pounds of torque aint too bad either!!

345 Cubic Inches

The next line of "300" cars are rear wheel drive, V8 345 Hemi powered! Chrysler is finally going back to rear wheel drive!! YAY! I just cant wait for the day when the make a 2 door, something or other, with a Hemi and a 5 or 6 speed box. Soon, I hope!
                      Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69
                        Any engine that makes 1 Horsepower per cubic inch is OK by me. Oh and 375 foot pounds of torque aint too bad either!!
                        I'm getting one horsepower per cubic inch from a pretty much stock Chevy small block (granted, it's a 327 that came out of a '66 Corvette), and similar torque figures as well. I'm just not too impressed with Chrysler's latest "Hemi". Having had a '54 Dodge with a transplanted Chrysler 331 "Fire Dome" of the same year, with a cross ram dual quad set-up, Daimler/Chrysler is going to have to do better than reviving a design and a name to impress me...

Comment

I'm just not too impressed with Chrysler's latest "Hemi". Having had a '54 Dodge with a transplanted Chrysler 331 "Fire Dome" of the same year, with a cross ram dual quad set-up, Daimler/Chrysler is going to have to do better than reviving a design and a name to impress me...
                          Unfortunatly, those days are gone. I wish they were still here, but they are long gone. With all the smog nazi's and such that require all the horsepower robbing smog equipment, I'd say a 345 HP number isnt too damn bad. This is an awesome platform to build off of. With a little tweeking of fuel and ignition timing, a little more cam, and some exhaust work, I would imagine we could see some 400+ HP cars soon. Whats wrong with 400 HP? What did a 331 make? 250, 300 maybe, on a good day? Anything that can move a 6000 pound truck to a 14.5-15 second quarter mile is ok by me.
                          Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

The 331 could be easily built to a very streetable 400-450hp. Beyond that level and the motor was really only suitable for race use. A pox upon all of the "smog nazi's", and their decendants!!!

Comment

The 331 could be easily built to a very streetable 400-450hp. Beyond that level and the motor was really only suitable for race use.

We had a Blown 391 down at the shop that we ran on the dyno. Made 750 HP, running WAAAYYY FAT, and with a clapped out blower. Oh, and that was on alcohol, it would easily make 1000+ on fuel. Thats some good times

A pox upon all of the "smog nazi's", and their decendants!!!
                              AGREED!!!
                              Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Working...
                              X