Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't kid yourself, BO is a bad ass dog. Really!

For a min, I thought you posted some of his teeth

Pretty rusted there. Good old east coast salt roads there.

Comment

Bo is bad ass when he wants to be. Underneath that easygoing happy puppy demeanor he's still got that pit ferocity. He takes his business very seriously, and he is not afraid. I sleep a little easier during the tweeker hours thanks to him (and the others too).

That rust is definitely inland West Coast stuff. It was rusty when I bought it, has been sitting outside for most of three years, and the rust is still just superficial.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

I am curious how much lift you get with those modified brackets. I can see that as better than the puck and like the idea.

Comment

Well, I was going to raise it about 2', put some tractor tires on it, and name it Wrath of Bubba, but I don't have enough material for that. I'm going to have to settle for a measly 1"-1-1/4" BL at most.
          holes = cowbell

Comment

BL with pucks or the way your doing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
              BL with pucks or the way your doing it?
              Huh? Aw, nevermind!

Here are some more pics...

Rear mounts:

Rear mount welded on. Compare with height of stock center mount. The center mounts will be the same height as the rear mounts. I just noticed, but it looks like that center mount is drooping. The old front mount was kinda squashed too. Always figured on fixing it. Never thought I'd be lifting it.

Center mount being welded on:

All 3 passenger side mounts (Yay!) Today was one of those days, but at least I got this far:

In addition to these three mounts in the stock locations, there will be an additional roll cage tie-in mount between the middle and forward mount. It's basically the same, just longer than the others.

You'll notice non of the rubber bushings are in place. I can't get the body to go much higher in the position the Jeep is now in. Hopefully after i get the driver side mounts welded in, I will be able to raise the passenger side more, put the bushings in, then raise the driver side and do the same. Otherwise I will have to turn the Jeep around to a more stable position.

The Hi-Lift haters must be squirming just looking at this :devil:. Much safer and more stable than my floor jack and 4x6.
              holes = cowbell

Comment

u yj guys make me sick. if if dont fit all u do is body lift it. try it on an xj then tell me how hard it is. oh and im with ron on the hi jacking of your atlas idea. but ill take the trans too. my aw4 will do u real nice dave. i promise.

Comment

Ahem...those are coil springs and control arms under there, and my headlights, they are round, cousin.

Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife, nor his Atlas, nor his NV4500, nor his Jeep, nor his pansy Saab, nor anything that is thy neighbor's.
                  holes = cowbell

Comment

sorry i wont let it happen again.

Comment

Ill be looking at a Klune V when the time comes.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Scott,whats a Klune V ??David,good job on the mounts,is your drive way made of plywood?
                        Dennis and Tammy
                        Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                          Huh? Aw, nevermind!
                          You answered it already

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                            Ill be looking at a Klune V when the time comes.
                            Those seem really nice, but hopefully you can find a deal on one, 'cause they're not cheap! I think they're like $2,200? I've seen a new Atlas 4-speed go for about that on Pirate. If I was putting an NP231 behind it, I'd rather spend $500-$650 on a Box 4 Rocks setup or something like that. Both make your drivetrain longer, both are strong, and one is a lot cheaper. The Klune V is stronger and tougher, but how much stronger do you need it to be than your t-case? I was thinking I may someday put a Box 4 Rocks in front of my Atlas. The 231's 2.72:1 ratio worked great for me in sand, mud, and snow. Might miss it...haha--I'll get over it!

Originally posted by GP4Play
                            Scott,whats a Klune V ??David,good job on the mounts,is your drive way made of plywood?
                            Thank you, that rect. tubing sure came in handy. There's a saying I used to keep in mind: "Hotrodders never throw anything away." Well, I think that goes double for Jeep builders.

I had a choice of whether to upgrade the floor of my house or my driveway from dirt to plywood. I chose the driveway, and never looked back.

I'll let Scott answer your Klune V question. Basically, it's an underdrive unit that goes between your tranny and t-case. Comes in Goliath (2.71) and David (4:1) ratios. Ok, Scott, it's yours from here .

Originally posted by Jeep4cern
                            You answered it already
                            As long as one of us isn't confused...
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

Well, I finally got the driver's side body mount brackets welded in tonight (Yay, I have a ghey body lift! :geek. Tomorrow I hope to put the bushings back in. Right now the body is sitting right on the brackets--gross! You know, in the middle of this thing I was wondering Why am I doing this body lift when I eventually want to go to suspension seats mounted on my rollcage? I wouldn't need a body lift with that--just raise the floor under the driver's seat some more. Well, I guess it's the same personality defect that caused me to adapt the 4500 in the first place: I like to f*** with things. Oh yeah, and I'm broke.

Well, here are some more pics of my ghey body mount lift:

Here's one for the Hi-Lift fans:

Yay, I can kinda weld ghey body lift brackets (when I can see what I'm doing?).

Ok, so now everything should fit up there, right? Well, with 1" of body lift, I'm gonna have to raise the motor mounts a little so the fan can turn (I read somewhere that's good). Did I mention I think body lift is ghey? Why haven't I bought a tubing bender and suspension seats so I could do this the way I wanted to in the first place? Oh yeah, I'm dead broke!
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

Nice welds David! Really. Good job.

Comment

Working...
                                X