Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used the same nuts and bolts, never heard of them stretching enough to be an issue, don't forget the anti-seize

good to hear the burritos made it ok :beer:
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Don't know about 4.0 exh. bolt streching but I would coat the threads with copper anti-seize(NOT silver)so IF you need to remove them later, you can.
      Respectfully,
      LG
      Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
        LOL cooked burritos this weekend on the manifold. They were fine. The local muffler shop says they will weld the sucker up for me for $60. Sounds good to me. Should I replace the header bolts after I pull it off? I think I remember hearing something about them stretching and needing to be replaced every time you pull them off?
        If you want to drive to Cerritos I'll weld it for a big fat nothing!
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

:drool:All that talk of "Manifold Burritos" did the trick again!

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
            If you want to drive to Cerritos I'll weld it for a big fat nothing!
            Thanks If I was closer I would take you up on that. But I did the math an I will spend $45 in fuel to do it.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

45 bucks is less than 60 and the man really knows how to weld

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy Grits View Post
                Don't know about 4.0 exh. bolt streching but I would coat the threads with copper anti-seize(NOT silver)so IF you need to remove them later, you can.
                Respectfully,
                LG
                I've used silver each time and had no problems getting them back off... what's wrong with silver anti-seize?
                If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Does anyone have any opinions on header wraps? I figured since I had my header out and somewhat clean I would wrap it. But I searched the WWW and found some cautionary tales about header wrap making your header more prone to cracking. Anyone have any experience with this?
                  Those left standing
                  Will make millions
                  Writing books on ways
                  It should have been
                  -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by max7 View Post
                    i know banks power makes a header too i was going go that route when the time came.
                    banks isnt the answer. Ive had to replace a cracked banks header and am ordering another today to replace the new craked header.

Comment

Originally posted by Materdaddy View Post
                      I've used silver each time and had no problems getting them back off... what's wrong with silver anti-seize?
                      Silver = Nickel based
                      Copper = Copper based

The copper is a softer metal, so it acts like a high pressure lube on the threads. You will want to use a mechanical locking device on fasteners that had previosly been lock tited ( lock washer, beleville washer, nylock nut, top lock nut, so on and so forth.

I use the copper stuff becuase i get it for free, we buy it in 5 gallon buckets for drilling with air. And yes you can make a hell of a mess with 5 gallons of that stuff!
                      An XJ will always cost you less then any girl ever will, and you will always know when the spark is gone.

Comment

Working...
                      X