Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jmbrowning
    replied
    The Missus found the HP D30's at TriCounty Gear. They have a pretty huge boneyard. We'll be picking up her Grocery Getter thif Friday. Pics to follow.

Leave a comment:

• Chris_L
    replied
    Sean--
    There are 3 pick a parts near my house. I have gotten about 6 housing from there. Let me know if you want to hit em some time.

Leave a comment:

• HIGLET
    replied
    Jim did you find the HP's? Were they OK? I want to do this mod.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by JeepJunkie
    So whats the difference between my dana 30 with vacuum disconnect on my 85 xj and the ones your talking about?
    No Vacuum Disconnect. i.e. TJ style 1 piece shafts in the passenger side.

Leave a comment:

• JeepJunkie
    replied
    So whats the difference between my dana 30 with vacuum disconnect on my 85 xj and the ones your talking about?

Leave a comment:

• brian4.2
    replied
    JMB; the link to Ryan Brown does some kind of internet redirect. Where can I find this guy. I've decided to build up a HP 30 instead of a 44 for the front of my TJ so I'm looking for a housing.

Leave a comment:

• kizer
    replied
    Looks like a plan to me.

http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/axle/tjhpd30/

Leave a comment:

• Chris_L
    replied
    HP dana 30's go far back as 1988 in cherokees with 242's {select track}. That's the only vehicle you will find that front axle in. YJ's also had em, though most were vacuum disconect axles, weaker and less desirable. You want to find one out of a 88 up XJ that ran a 242. I have bought them for as low as 35 bucks for the housing alone....I know some yards to check.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    Originally posted by jmbrowning
    I found a place that has around 20 lying about. Will go check it out on Friday. Will let you know how they look. Apparently most pulled from salvage yards, so who knows how they run.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    I found a place that has around 20 lying about. Will go check it out on Friday. Will let you know how they look. Apparently most pulled from salvage yards, so who knows how they run.

Leave a comment:

• blkTJ
    replied
    hey JM... I will eventually be in the market for a HP 30 in the TJ. If you find a place with a couple, let me know. :yay:

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    I sold it to a fellow Jeeper . . . CajunZJ. I guess he's been having some problems with it, we were suppose to see it at Calico a couple months ago, but it overheated on the way out. I think its still alive . . . I hope.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    BTW, whatever happened to the big black XJ anyways? Is it still living a life of rockcrawling somewhere or did it get parted out?

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by jmbrowning
    Somehow, I just knew that Chris would have the answer.

You can take the redneck out of the XJ, but you can't take the XJ out of the redneck!
    Thanks . . . I guess :confused: :confused:

Glad I could help.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    Somehow, I just knew that Chris would have the answer.

You can take the redneck out of the XJ, but you can't take the XJ out of the redneck!

Muchos gracias!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X