Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=ghostrider;94410]
    "I don't care why you said to truss it, it's just not necessary. It's a dime a dozen axle that should only be used with bolt on parts that can be transferred to a new housing as quickly as possible"[QUOTE]

More than likely you are correct about this comment-Dana 30's being "a dime a dozen."

I believe that the general thought process on this board is to have fun running what we got until it breaks and then either modify/improve or upgrade to the next level.

Most of us have had great luck with the Dana 30 axle as it has suited our wheeling needs. Does that make us afraid to crawl on rocks or try new things? NO, but we may not have the funds or at this time, the interest to crawl on some of the rocks that you might enjoy.
    For the last three years I've been "stuck" on 33" MTR's and "stuck" with a 4 cylinder motor because I've got two kids to raise while I struggle to make a house payment.
    I am not whining, but the point I'm trying to make is that the axle works pretty good for most of us and building it up as the funds become available is a viable option.
    Last edited by pdw; 01-31-08, 09:17 AM.
    Money pit!

Comment

Originally posted by peteyg View Post
      but....I wheel a lot, and I'm right. So THERE.
      In retrospect THIS is the most intelligent statement to come out of this whole thread!
      Money pit!

Comment

hey pdw dont get me wrong, i still run the 30 also. if i had the money i would have a set of big axles under my jeep today. i to think that the best part of wheeling is fixing what i have on my budget. i have gone through a few sawzall blades thats for sure.
        i feel your pain on raising the kid and the house payment, and to top it off the wife is getting laid off from her job. real estate is pretty much stopping in the desert.
        but i did find a good deal on a smittybuilt winch i recieved today. maybe ill get to test it out this weekend. winch depot has some great deals. see ya on the trails.

Comment

Uh, so...is a 06 Rubi 44 OK with 33s.....
          :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Originally posted by cbrazor1 View Post
            ok im getting ready to install new alloy usa axel shafts in my dana 30,this kit comes with 2 complete axels 4340 1 seal and a plate to cover the vacume disconect . this kit eliminates the the 2 piese passenger side with 1 shaft like a tj well my question is is the seal they sent me a inner or outer on the passenger side , does it go next to the carrier or near the disconect there were no inst. i think it goes next to the carrier

thanks in advance
            Ray

Well I see you got the answer to your questions and a couple of bonus answers thrown in for free.
            456's 2 lockers 4 disc brakes 8.8 lots of skid plates

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
              so none of you see any advantage to hubs in the front huh??? I'd have to guess you never drove a Jeep without all that junk spinning up there, especially after you tweak a driveshaft.

Kurt, where the hell are you, weren't we just talking about this???

Trust me, I'm here, just watching the freak show.... My D30/D44 set works awsome for me and I throw a lot of s__t at my Heep. Nuf said...
              Last edited by RAT; 02-07-08, 06:22 PM.
              [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
              [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
              http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
              X