Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master Cylinders & 4 wheel disc brakes

Ron,
    If that booster is the one you got from me, it's off of a 1989. Also, We upgraded several YJ's to 1/2 ton axles and brakes up front with Disc brakes in the rear and utilized a master cylinder off of a 1977 or 1978 Ford Econoline E250 3/4 ton van. The tubes come off the opposite sides and it isn't a 4 wheel disc brake application, however it works great on a 1991 and 1995 YJ with the Explorer or Grand Cherokee discs in back and 1/2 ton GM/Ford brakes up front. I just cut and re-double flared the brake lines with the correct fittings and custom bent the lines over to the other side. If you'd like to see a picture, I will ask my buddy to send me one so you can see how it all went together. The brakes feel like factory, even with 35" tires and you can lock all four up on the highway in an emergency/panic stop. Your tub is a 1992 if it's the Sahara tub you got from me so it should fit right in that ballpark range. Only thing im not sure about is if the 1991 and the 1989 booster are identical. I know my 1995 had the "double-diaphram" style booster that was slightly different.
    Just some friendly "FYI" if it helps.

Rick
    " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
    Rick W6RE

Comment

it is the 92 tub and 89 booster I got from you. Currie Explorer setup in the back and early gm/ford 5 lug disk on the front. I'll look into the E250.
      thanks again.
      Ron
      1956 Willys Wagon restomod

Comment

Working...
      X