Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev111 fender install

Well, the raffle winnins is a-gittin in the way of progress down here at the farm, so I decided to install 'em afor I leave fer Seattle. Wasn't much of a chore; only took 12 hours straight. The hogs had to go without thier slop fer a night, and the girlfreind wern't too happy 'bout it, but the Rat sure liked the attention

I actually took pichures too!

I think I know why the guys at Rev111 gave these away. They are the entry level set, no real fenders, and not street legal. I think these might have been an incomplete set or something, I have to make brackets for some of the items that mount to the inner fender wells. But I ain't complainin', just the opposite. I like 'em! I'll be making the street legal flares for these now, the other fenders I was makin' will be sacrificed in the name of REV! Here, rock, rock rock....

BTW, I went to the REV111 website and they say they are not making these fenders anymore due to them being too far ahead of their time. I think they could use some more refinements: the fenders don't clear the hood very well, the hood latches mount too close to the hood so you have to ease the hood down to keep from scratching the boogers out of everything, and I really think they should be a complete set of street legal fender flares, no matter what. But the inner fender wells fit like a glove, the hardware is very nice, and the overall look is pretty cool. I even got the factory paint for the job; it matches pretty good.

Thanks again REV111 and VV 4 Wheelers!
    Last edited by RAT; 10-07-07, 01:32 PM.
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Those things look pretty hard core, Kurt!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

your jeep is lookn mighty sharp, kurt. shiny too!
      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Fenders look great Kurt.:thumbs_up
        Flares would be nice.
        Check out .

Comment

Looks great!!! Sent you PM

Comment

I like those!!!!!!!!!!!!

They were supposed to come out with some for the YJ, but not yet according to their website--nothing listed for my old girl....
            Money pit!

Comment

I talked to a rep from rev about the yj and he said the yj is not where the moneys at, nobody is gonna fork out the dough to do this stuff to a yj, its all about the tj now, and the new jk.

I disagreed with him to a point, but he's prolly right. its all about the money.
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

oh crap. great looking install Rat! I was really suprised to see them painted, I thought you woould be putting them on raw for some reason... maybe cause thats what I would do... and paint them later, but they look trick!
                :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

looks good man!
                  Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

those are pretty cool looking, welcome to the club. i guess the club will be exclusive now that they are not making anymore fenders.
                    Looks like the front fenders are a little empty, maybe 39's ????
                    moon buggy
                    5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Is that Jeep ever dirty ? Looks like a show Jeep.
                      moon buggy
                      5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Is it just the angle of the picture or is your alignment off? Sure looks like your passanger tire is turned quite a bit more than the other.
                        That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Joe,
                          Looks pretty bad, huh? It's an illusion cuz the Rat goes straight down the road without so much as a finger on the wheel. I kept looking at that and have no freaking idea why it looks like that in the picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep Virgin View Post
                            Is that Jeep ever dirty ? Looks like a show Jeep.
                            You know, lately all the dirt I've been washing off has been coming from your Jeep. How am I supposed to keep the Heep looking good following you around??

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                              I talked to a rep from rev about the yj and he said the yj is not where the moneys at, nobody is gonna fork out the dough to do this stuff to a yj, its all about the tj now, and the new jk.

I disagreed with him to a point, but he's prolly right. its all about the money.
                              I have to agree w/you on that point.

I thought that the standard tube fenders that they used to make before the new style were really nice, I just ran out of money before I could get a set ordered...........
                              Money pit!

Comment

Working...
                              X