Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creative Uses For Useless Tires And Wheels

I just went on Ebay and checked to see how 215s were doing. You can't even give 'em away. I am looking at reserves that are $100 and not being met.

So...any of you guys have some creative ideas for my useless tires and wheels? Something other than endtable and dining room seating?

Sooo.... Yo got the 31s? good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by brian4.2
      Sooo.... Yo got the 31s? good deal.
      They will be on my Jeep AFTER Panamint. Had some logistics problems.

But they are as good as there.

Comment

Uses for spare tires

In short: there are none. You could maintain them as spares, but with 31"s, why would you? Here in Cali you can't dispose of them or burn them either. You must take them to a designated facility- most tire shops are- and there may even be a disposal charge. Tires are a hazardous material similar to used motor oil in the eyes of the law. It sucks, but what're you going to do Anyhow- keep 'em in your garage or turn 'em in. Those are pretty much your only options.
        It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
        and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

www.recycler.com
          sell them.. someone will buy
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

If they are still in decent shape, America's tire will credit you up to $50 each if you buy a new set from them. I got $450 off of a set of 33" BFG's for my old S-10 when I gave them both sets of 31's (street set and off road set) when i lifted it.
            olllllllo <--- If you can read that, roll me over!

Price is soon forgotton, quality is not.

KG6OWO

Comment

I've been trying to get rid of a set myself.
              Apparently they are good for something--

'02X, 2" RE BB, 33x12.50, MileMarker E9000, Big Daddy Front Bumper, etc...
              www.blueridgeoffroad.com

Comment

oh those chairs are so way cool!!!
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Re: Creative Uses For Useless Tires And Wheels

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                  I just went on Ebay and checked to see how 215s were doing. You can't even give 'em away. I am looking at reserves that are $100 and not being met.
                  try the recycler like erik said ... there's bound to be some leased jeep out there ready to be turned in with a scraped up wheel or something ....

Comment

If you have a garden

Old tires make great raised beds for gardens. Take a reciprocating saw to cut out the sidewalls, then invert the tread so the knobbys are pointing inward.

Drop that sucker on your freshly tilled garden bed and fill it with more soil and you have another 10" or so for root growth. You can also paint labels to tell you what kind of plants you have in your AT planters.

Thanks to the hippies at Mother Earth News for that tip.
                    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
                    2003 TJ Rubicon: 4.5" OME coils; RE SF2; NthDegree TT/oilpan skid/shock shifters; FXD rock rails; Anti-Rock; 5150'

Comment

Re: If you have a garden

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                      Thanks to the hippies at Mother Earth News for that tip.
                      Hahah, hippies. They make good use out of everything, somehow.

Comment

I still have my old wheels and tires from my XJ. They are nice to have if you need to roll an axle around or use as a very temporary spare on the jeep.
                        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
                        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
                        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Re: If you have a garden

Originally posted by jmbrowning
                          Old tires make great raised beds for gardens. Take a reciprocating saw to cut out the sidewalls, then invert the tread so the knobbys are pointing inward.

Drop that sucker on your freshly tilled garden bed and fill it with more soil and you have another 10" or so for root growth. You can also paint labels to tell you what kind of plants you have in your AT planters.
                          My dad made a flower pot out of one. He kept it on the rim and pulled one side off, flipped it over inside out and then trimmed it with pinking shears to make it look like an overgrown flower. If I find a pic of it somewhere I'll post it on our image station account. Just give me a few days, it might be at my mom's house.
                          1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                          Glad to be back in California!

Comment

This is when I wish I owned horses. Just yank those tires off the rims...nail the tires to plywood and use them as feeders...nail the rims to the tackroom wall and use them to hold halters and bridles. Another excuse to move out of Hollywood and get horse property...and horses...which means less time for Jeepin'...maybe not a good idea after all.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
                              This is when I wish I owned horses. Just yank those tires off the rims...nail the tires to plywood and use them as feeders...nail the rims to the tackroom wall and use them to hold halters and bridles. Another excuse to move out of Hollywood and get horse property...and horses...which means less time for Jeepin'...maybe not a good idea after all.
                              lots of horse property down in Palos Verdes

Comment

Working...
                              X