Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Originally posted by RatherBeJeeping
    He's supposed to be coming to my work next week. Want me to get his number for you?

Oh, and used rims can make great bar stools for in the garage.
    1. Get his digits and I will break out the vinyl mini.

2. No garage or I would just stick 'em there and let 'em gather dust.

Leave a comment:

• RatherBeJeeping
    replied
    Originally posted by qwiksilver
    When I marry Rupert Murdock I will be able to afford it. The prices there are astronomical.
    He's supposed to be coming to my work next week. Want me to get his number for you?

Oh, and used rims can make great bar stools for in the garage.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by JeepGal
    On a more serious note...hehehehe

I sold my tires for $125, and donated my wheels to the goodwill for a full tax write off...

Tam
    Girlfriend, you just gave me a wonderful idea! Donate the whole damned package (please excuse my french). I donated a car a couple of years ago for $3,600 and my motorcycle for $1,400 last year. Since I have to itemize (doing some quick math here)...should lower my tax. And that ain't a bad thing. Tammy, ya come through yet again.

Leave a comment:

• JeepGal
    replied
    On a more serious note...hehehehe

I sold my tires for $125, and donated my wheels to the goodwill for a full tax write off...

Tam

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: North of Tujunga on the 2

Originally posted by jmbrowning
    Good place to buy a small spread and maybe a couple of commercial zoned lots. It's already going up in value. Today, hicksville; tomorrow, La Canada/Flintridge Norte.

I'd do it, but I think a small cabin in Big Bear would be more useful to me. Bark beetles, firestorms, mud/debris slides and other biblical curses make for motivated sellers.
    Friends bought beach front property in San Felipe as a vacation home...nightmare of baksheesh (bribes). In the end...Malibu would have cost the same.

Hmmmm. Disasters are good for cheap land. My Greatgrandmother added to our family farm during the Depression.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    North of Tujunga on the 2

Good place to buy a small spread and maybe a couple of commercial zoned lots. It's already going up in value. Today, hicksville; tomorrow, La Canada/Flintridge Norte.

I'd do it, but I think a small cabin in Big Bear would be more useful to me. Bark beetles, firestorms, mud/debris slides and other biblical curses make for motivated sellers.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by cbremer
    lots of horse property down in Palos Verdes
    When I marry Rupert Murdock I will be able to afford it. The prices there are astronomical.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    Originally posted by cbremer
    unfortunatly

Leave a comment:

• cbremer
    replied
    This is when I wish I owned horses. Just yank those tires off the rims...nail the tires to plywood and use them as feeders...nail the rims to the tackroom wall and use them to hold halters and bridles. Another excuse to move out of Hollywood and get horse property...and horses...which means less time for Jeepin'...maybe not a good idea after all.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    This is when I wish I owned horses. Just yank those tires off the rims...nail the tires to plywood and use them as feeders...nail the rims to the tackroom wall and use them to hold halters and bridles. Another excuse to move out of Hollywood and get horse property...and horses...which means less time for Jeepin'...maybe not a good idea after all.

Leave a comment:

• king4wd2
    replied
    Re: If you have a garden

Old tires make great raised beds for gardens. Take a reciprocating saw to cut out the sidewalls, then invert the tread so the knobbys are pointing inward.

Drop that sucker on your freshly tilled garden bed and fill it with more soil and you have another 10" or so for root growth. You can also paint labels to tell you what kind of plants you have in your AT planters.
    My dad made a flower pot out of one. He kept it on the rim and pulled one side off, flipped it over inside out and then trimmed it with pinking shears to make it look like an overgrown flower. If I find a pic of it somewhere I'll post it on our image station account. Just give me a few days, it might be at my mom's house.

Leave a comment:

• Dukes69
    replied
    I still have my old wheels and tires from my XJ. They are nice to have if you need to roll an axle around or use as a very temporary spare on the jeep.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Re: If you have a garden

Thanks to the hippies at Mother Earth News for that tip.
    Hahah, hippies. They make good use out of everything, somehow.

Leave a comment:

• jmbrowning
    replied
    If you have a garden

Old tires make great raised beds for gardens. Take a reciprocating saw to cut out the sidewalls, then invert the tread so the knobbys are pointing inward.

Drop that sucker on your freshly tilled garden bed and fill it with more soil and you have another 10" or so for root growth. You can also paint labels to tell you what kind of plants you have in your AT planters.

Thanks to the hippies at Mother Earth News for that tip.

Leave a comment:

• sarah
    replied
    Re: Creative Uses For Useless Tires And Wheels

I just went on Ebay and checked to see how 215s were doing. You can't even give 'em away. I am looking at reserves that are $100 and not being met.
    try the recycler like erik said ... there's bound to be some leased jeep out there ready to be turned in with a scraped up wheel or something ....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X