Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight upgrades?

Has anyone upgraded their headlights to those super-bright ones that are like 25 bucks each? They look cool, but I'm wondering how much brighter they actually are, and if they're worth the loot!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Hey Sarah, I upgraded the lights in my Cherokee to those onse that accept the H4 bulbs. If you are going to go that route, I would spend the little extra money and get good quality lenses(IPF) and bulbs, and upgrade the wiring as well. If you are not going to go this way, then I cant help you.
    [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
    SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
    Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

thanks for the info. was it worth the upgrade? noticible difference in the blinding of others? hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
        thanks for the info. was it worth the upgrade? noticible difference in the blinding of others? hehehe
        yes, I saw a noticeable difference in brightness and pattern. It was well worth the upgrade, BUT the lenses got ruined the first time I ran through some mud. The lights filled full of muddy water. Thats why I suggest using quality lenses.
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

MUD? what's that?
          j/k, good point. i'll let you know what i find out. thanks!

Comment

I didn't go that far. After losing a light to a rock, courtesy a passing semi, I replaced them with the $15 Sylvania halogens. They're brighter than stock, but nowhere close to the HID lights you see on a lot of new cars.
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Response to King4wd

Actually, it was a semi first, then it was a dump truck of sort while we were in Brianhead that put the whole clear through it. It was while I was driving and you (honey) were on the mountain bike trails.
              1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
              Glad to be back in California!

Comment

I'm definitley getting the Sylvania Xenarc HID system, plus all the KC HID lights i'm gonna have all over my rig!!!!

I Love it!!
                Joshua

"You Ain't No Real Hawaiian!"

Comment

Working...
                X