Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tow strap, a couple of extra d-rings, harbor freight 3-1 tool, extra ball joints, (2) spare front shafts, (2) extra D.S. ujoints, torque wrench, tie down straps, box full of air fittings, arb fitting repair kit, extra solenoids, 25ft coil hose with air chuck, Safety SEAL kit, extra lug nuts. extra fuses, spare serp belt, JB weld, HOSE repair Tape, extra hose clamps, High Lift Jack, Box full of assorted fastners, grade 8 bolts, etc...

That is just on the big trips, on local ones, small assorted (harbor freight) tools cause they always get lost, and a few assorted other parts..

probably too much, but it all fits in 2 rubbermaid tuff tainers..
    UHH....DUUUHHH

Comment

Item to carry in the Jeep:

Charmin makes these little sample rolls. They cost .99 and can be found at Rite-Aid in So. Cal. (maybe other states too) in the sample aisle. They were a gift from heaven at Oceano when the portapotties ran out of stationary. They are small, encased in a plastic dispenser and fit in a fanny pack.

Hope you find that useful.

Comment

Originally posted by qwiksilver
        Item to carry in the Jeep: Charmin makes these little sample rolls. They cost .99 and can be found at Rite-Aid in So. Cal.
        hahaha, we bring the regular size rolls (not the double rolls) and each fits nicely in a (i think it's the 1-qt) zip-lock bag. we have a couple in what we call the "jeep bag" and there's always a spare in the trunk. can't ever be left without the teepee! and then there's enough to share if need be.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

On the trail we carry a fire extinguisher, a couple of e-tools an assortment of sockets & vice grips, duct tape ( if you can't fix it, Duck it ), a roll of those disposable blue shop-towels, tow strap, Hi-lift and usually a cooler or two for lunch
          It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
          and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Oh I forgot about the first-aid kit and an assortment of sunscreens, 3 to 5 bottles of diet Pepsi in various stages of consumption (ask Sandy), childseat, and last but not least, those oasis air-down things.
            It's not the size of your tire, it's how you place it!

'98 wrangler 4" superlift rockrunner kit, adjustable trackbar, 33's, rear EZlocker,
            and Kargomaster rack.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
              On the trail we carry a fire extinguisher, a couple of e-tools an assortment of sockets & vice grips, duct tape ( if you can't fix it, Duck it ), a roll of those disposable blue shop-towels, tow strap, Hi-lift and usually a cooler or two for lunch
              As a former extreme light backpacker I am always on the lookout for small stuff. I found this roll of duct tape that is small enough to fit in a fannypack first aid kit. It has the same footage as a regular roll, just a smaller spool. It was labeled as blister tape. (Hikers wrap duct tape around their feet if they start feeling a blister coming on.) I think you can find it at Sports Chalet or REI (can't remember which one).

You know, as small as our Jeeps are, how do we get all this crud in them? My VW had more room than the Jeep. I actually had a trunk in the VW. Where are we putting it all.
              Last edited by sarah; 10-12-03, 09:29 PM.

Comment

depending on the run, i carry quite an assortment of spare parts and tools...
                • fire extinguisher
                • zip ties
                • duct tape
                • toilet paper
                • first aid kit with 2 days rations
                • tool bag with lots of hand tools
                • impact wrench
                • 3/8" air ratchet
                • spare axle shafts
                • spare hub
                • spare u joints of every type on the jeep
                • a rag or two
                • some oil, trans oil, dextron 3,
                • wd 40
                • brake cleaner
                • ball joints
                • a pretty well equiped socket set
                • any required specialty tools that i have had to use on my jeep
                • hi lift jack
                • couple of d rings
                • and a snatching strap for pulling other stuck jeeps
                • flashlight
                • gps

there is probably more, but... that is a long enough list.
                i dont "always" carry all of that stuff, but when i go on a difficult or long run... i like to be prepared.
                i forgot to mention tire repair stuff
                >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

garmin city cd's?
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by sarah
                    garmin city cd's?
                    well not yet i hope to be able to navigate my way through the city one of these days withthe garmin
                    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                    ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Oh I forgot about the first-aid kit and an assortment of sunscreens, 3 to 5 bottles of diet Pepsi in various stages of consumption (ask Sandy), childseat, and last but not least, those oasis air-down things.

Tom's wife Sandy
                      Last edited by sarah; 10-12-03, 09:30 PM.
                      1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                      Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd
                        Oh I forgot about the 3 to 5 bottles of diet Pepsi in various stages of consumption (ask Sandy)
                        My dear husband tends to exaggerate a bit. While on the trail I prefer bottles of Diet Pepsi, not cans. I don't have 3 to 5 bottles open at once. Get your facts straight there dear! Men
                        1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
                        Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Working...
                        X