Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok thanks a lot new one....ive decided to take back my radio. I will prob be getting a Cobra from ebay. Is there any model i should look for that isnt super expensive but is a good solid radio? and are there any models i should stay away from?? thanks for your help so far.
    B R E T T
    87 XJ 3" lift, 31s-thats all thats worth mentioning

Comment

if your going to compare different radios you must use the same power lead and ground.
      myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

I think Nailer has beed through like 500 different CB's. He might be able to tell you whats good.

Tam and I have Unidens from Walmart
        [COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
        SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
        Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

i now have the cobra 29. it seems strong. be sure you dont get one with all the fancy crap on it like the swing kit, and all that other jive they try to sell you. just get a stock radio, and be done with it. there are a few models of the cobra 29, which are all good ones, but you wont ever use most of the features. anothe benefit to the 29 is that you can tune your antenna with the built in swr meter.
          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

ok well i took it back and got a new model the guy said came in last week. i hooked it up and its MUCH MUCH MUCH better, there is almost no static and the alternator whine is hardly there...cost me 80 bucks and i got back 40 for the other radio so it wasnt too bad. its got weather band, the mic has channel controls on it, and has the ability to monitor ch 9 and unlike the last one this has a RF Gain knob. so far im happy with this one, today is sunday so there was not really any radio traffic, so i wasnt able to test the transmit power, hopefully i can do that tomorrow. I kept the same antenna a 4 ft fiberglass whip which seems to be workin fine.

Thanks for your help everyone, id was greatly appriciated!!!
            B R E T T

Comment

The cobra 29 in a xlnt radio, only prob is physical size, The 25 is smaller physicaly and less stuff on it, but if you were to take it to a radio shop and have it peaked and tweaked, you can get more out of a 25 than a 29... Ive got the 29 myself but havent found a place to mount it below yet, that its not in the way...
              04TJ, 4.0 5spd
              4" rough country springs
              Nth degree arms upper and lower
              1" Currie MML/BL
              Jc fab rockers & 1" seat lift
              33"BFG MT's
              Lock-rite in the front

Comment

yea, at radio shack i saw the cobra 29 or i belive it was the 29 and it looked pretty big....the one i ended up getting is not that big but it is a little larger than the cheapo one i had before...
                B R E T T

Comment

I bought a tweaked and peaked 29 from a vendor on POR. Came with everything i needed: CB, wiring, mounting bracket for my antenna, external speaker, and a 4' antenna.

With some engineering i stuffed mine into my TUFFY center console where a cd player would go. I swear if i didn't know better i'd think it was installed professionally it looks that good.

My cd/mp3 player is a detachable face so it's mounted where a standard cd player would be in the Jeep, with the CB in the TUFFY i can lockup the CB and the detachable face. Works great.
                  [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]1992 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

4.5" RE XD Suspension Lift
                  AA SYE/ Tom Woods Custom Driveshaft
                  15X8 Black Rock Crawler Rims
                  33X12.50 Goodyear MTR's
                  FlowMaster 40 Series Delta Cat-Back Exhaust
                  Cobra 29 Classic C-B Radio Tweaked & Peaked w/ 4' K40 Antenna
                  RE Hand Throttle
                  Optima Red Top
                  K&N Filter [/color]

Comment

Working...