Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lawrence
    [hijack] Anyone have a template for the 5.25 brackets? I had a pair but somehow lost them. [/hijack]
    I don't have a template, but when I made mine I used the factory brackets and the grills from the new speakers as my templates.

As far as the dash speakers being open- if you stuff some fabric batting behind the speakers it will help a lot with their sound.
    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

This has been a good thread. I have gotten some great info and ideas.

I still need to get comfortable with a sub-woofer location, but I think that I am ready to go shopping for some of these goodies.

Where do you folks recommend for good quality stuff without having to break all my piggy banks open to buy stuff?
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

I really like Crutchfield. Excellent support, superb installation guidelines, decent prices, and a satisfaction garrantee.
        Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
        Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
        HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
          I really like Crutchfield. Excellent support, superb installation guidelines, decent prices, and a satisfaction garrantee.
          x2

I've always liked them. You pay only a little bit more, but they can't be beat on installation, support, quality, shipping, etc.!
          If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
            This has been a good thread. I have gotten some great info and ideas.

I still need to get comfortable with a sub-woofer location, but I think that I am ready to go shopping for some of these goodies.

Where do you folks recommend for good quality stuff without having to break all my piggy banks open to buy stuff?
            I do have a Sony connection (discount) if you like their stuff. PM me some model numbers, I'll check prices and yes the sound is pretty sucky. Mine sounds best with the top off. I'm guessing the sound bouncing around the hard surfaces isn't good causing some frequency canceling.

Tom

Comment

Same as others about Crutchfield, excellent service.

I am not a fan of the speaker location in the TJ as I find that the ones in the sound bar/pods are too close to your ears and "drown" the dash ones. So, when I did the in-dash 5.25 in my old TJ, I bought the Infinity speakers with the adjustable tweeter. That way, I pointed the dash tweeters upward so that the sound would "fire" above the waist line, and pointed the pod speakers tweeters towards the back to lessen getting an earful. Not very scientific but it made for a nicer sound overall, just a thought.
              [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Another vote for Crutchfield for all of the reasons mentioned.
                "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Working...
                X