Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirty Soft Top

I've got a black soft top that I just can't get it clean. I can get all the major dirt of of course but.... it has like a light "stain" thats left. These clay like stains just don't wash off even with hard scubing. I have tried a couple of different soaps, automotive and diswasher type. Does anyone have this same problem? How have you all taken care of it?
    AriZonaTJ

======================
    0[_____]0
    .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
    []===0=[]
    ======================

We have a black soft top also and have the same problems. However, we also have the badly scratched windows now, especially the back window.

I basically gave up trying to figure out how to get the "stains" out. Afterall, we are going to get a new top next year since the top is 8 years old.

I would like to hear ideas also of how to get rid off them although I won't be able to do anything about it right now.
    1993 Wrangler Black, 4" ProComp Lift, 33s.
    Glad to be back in California!

Comment

Hey guys...

I use Eagles Tire Shine on my soft top, though unfortunately, it wont get out those light colored stains. I believe that its bleached . But the black will be VERY nice. I just got a new sailcloth top, and I put my old trail soft top back on to go wheeling, and some of the guys thought it was the new one instead.

Good luck!

Tam
      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Thanks,
        I will definatly try the Eagles Tire Shine. I also have some pretty nasty AriZona Pinstriping on my plastic windows, I just have learned to live with it.
        AriZonaTJ

======================
        0[_____]0
        .(0IIII0). - 98 TJ, 3"Tera,33" M/Ts
        []===0=[]
        ======================

Comment

I use it on my windows too
          2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
          Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I have had luck with simple green and high a pressure hose.
            2001 TJ lifted and locked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ross
              I have had luck with simple green and high a pressure hose.
              I do Orange Clean w/ a scrub brush....mines Grey...works GREAT!!
              There's mud out there, and it's calling my name!!!

Comment

Honda Spray Polish cleaner. I have used it for my motorcycles for a few years and have never found anything to come even in the same galaxy as this stuff. I am one of those insane bozos who is psychotic about cleaning and keep safe his bike, and I use this stuff to clean and polish a dirty bike. It never streaks or causes swirls in the paint of my bike- EVEN WHEN COVERED IN ABRASIVE DUST! I also used it to clean off some honey that vandals put on the hood of of a neighbor's nice car and had sat for a few days in the CA sun.

I only recently started using it on the Jeep and realized how great it is there too. Mine had a black top when new and I used every product under the sun including elbow grease and a scrub brush. With the Honda stuff, I spray it on and wipe a bit, and all mud is gone.

It is worth it to get to a Honda bike dealer and try it out.

Brice
                '95 YJ 4 banging powerhouse.
                www.longtallsally.50megs.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeepGal
                  Hey guys...

I use Eagles Tire Shine on my soft top, though unfortunately, it wont get out those light colored stains. I believe that its bleached . But the black will be VERY nice. I just got a new sailcloth top, and I put my old trail soft top back on to go wheeling, and some of the guys thought it was the new one instead.

Good luck!

Tam
                  When you installed the new sail cloth top did you notice
                  any wind noise coming in around the corners of the windshield, while driving on the road? I just installed one and I am having that problem
                  and trying to find a answer to the problem. I can't seem to see any apparent holes or cracks where the air could be coming from. Its
                  very annoying. Thanks Edward at "eaknibbs@aol.com" I would appreciate
                  any input.

Comment

Originally posted by king4wd2
                    We have a black soft top also and have the same problems. However, we also have the badly scratched windows now, especially the back window.

I basically gave up trying to figure out how to get the "stains" out. Afterall, we are going to get a new top next year since the top is 8 years old.

I would like to hear ideas also of how to get rid off them although I won't be able to do anything about it right now.
                    I've used a product called Plexus on my plastic windows for years, and it is wild how many of the little scratches will go away. I by it at a marine fish store, it is used for maintaining acrylic fish tanks. It is in a blue spray can and lasts a long time. I've also seen it at Offroad Warehouse.
                    2" body lift, 2" susp lift, Fabtec bumpers, wilderness rack, BFG 33's

Comment

liquid magic or anything that is for your dash. back to black works great to.
                      1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

hey, i have the same problem with mine, and its only a little over 4 years old. my windows were so scratched, and the salt up here from winter literally made the zippers crumble to dust. anyway, i bought a new set of windows for my factory top from the dealer for 250, it was either going to be 230 for just the rear or 250 for all three, i plan on buying a new top in the spring. my point to this drabble is that the guys at the dealer said the window prioce set will probably go up soon, it hasnt changed since 01, so get a set now if your looking.
                        Neil

FOR SALE: 01 TJ Sport
                        5 spd, 4in skyjacker, 33mt/rs, detroit rear, lock-rite front, 4.56's, safari snorkel, yada yada yada, im broke

Comment

Brian :yay: must be asleep at the switch...this sounds like a good topic for Brian's Jeep Washing Forum - to which I have not been invited, I might add
                          "your jeep looks so hot!!"

Comment

Originally posted by aston
                            Brian :yay: must be asleep at the switch...this sounds like a good topic for Brian's Jeep Washing Forum - to which I have not been invited, I might add
                            or you haven't subscribed to the forums yet. :yay:

as for window's and tops and general sparkly-ness.... my windows are scratched, my zippers barely function and there's more than one poorly patched hole in the top.
                            myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

B.j.w.h ???!!!
                              That's a BIG rock!

Comment

Working...
                              X