Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pdw View Post
    Man those fenders are beautiful! I was noticing the welds on the top edge of the fender-looks like some nice work!

I have been wanting a set for a while, and these may finally get my $$$!

You really ought to consider an oil pan skin plate. I have a 4banger just like you and I have loved and abused the skid from.....shoot! I have had that skid for so long I forgot who made it!
    But, I have abused it and modified it quite a bit!

Here you are!http://www.skidplates.com/Engine_87_YJ.asp

I'll post some skid pics later tonight.

I agree, I'm super impressed with the way they built these things!!

Also agree on the Oil Pan skid!! that's next on the list!

Scott
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Scott,the Jeep looks great with those on,Good job.
      Dennis
      Dennis and Tammy
      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Can you post some pics of the inside of the hood after? Did the coolant and washer fluid go back ok? Any mods need to be done with their fenders?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
          Can you post some pics of the inside of the hood after? Did the coolant and washer fluid go back ok? Any mods need to be done with their fenders?

Thanks
          Ron,

The fenders I got did not come with the inner fender well so I had to cut my old ones out of the stock fenders along the edge of and to the inside of the hood lip, I painted the under side of the fender wells black, and bolted them back in the stock locations. The new tubes fit right over where I cut and it looks like it was made that way. All of the stuff (Washer Fluid Bottle / Coolant Bottle / Battery Tray supports fit right back into the stock locations on the inner fender wells. I did need to modify the inner fender wells a bit, to fit the new tubes but a little cut here and a little cut there and it was good to go! I made no modifications to the tube fenders at all.

I had no other issues with any thing other than the stock inner fender wells sometimes rubbed on the tubes and made a skweaking sound going down the road. I fixed it by putting some weather stripping right up under the top edge of the tube fender and the top edge of the inner fender well. ....Problem solved!

These fenders are very well made and the price is awesome! I'll be ordering the 3" Rear Tube Flares from them next. (They bolt right on!)

Scott
          "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Scott those look great!
            I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

Looks really good.

Comment

Working...
              X