Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YJ: Look what I did over the weekend!

I ordered a few things for the Jeep and I finally decided to get them installed! First, I had ordered a Heavy Duty Steering arm and drag link set up from Rugged Ridge It was $ 193.00 with shipping. I got it because I had bent the stock one two years ago at IDTT.

BEFORE //// Notice the bend at the spot were the steering stabilizer bolts on?

The instructions it came with were real easy to follow and I got to the task of breaking the old one loose. I could not get the tie rod ends to let go so, a quick call to Max7 for assistance. He suggested a few taps with a sledge to the steering knuckle and that did the trick. I set the new tie rod and drag link up the same as the old one allowing a little for the bend!

AFTER

Here' the finished product! Big difference in handling both on and off road! I'm very happy with it!

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******

Since I'm no welder, I also ordered a set of custom Flat Fenders for the front of my YJ from C & C Jeep Fab in Phoenix AZ. 623-302-3948 or 602-214-3811. Chris and Chuck hooked me up! They were $325 plus $45 shipping for a total of $370. (Also on ebay and on Craigslist - Phoenix)

They came "Bare Metal" so, I sanded them down, gave'em a coat of primer and then hit them with some Black semi-gloss Rustoleum. I could have had them Powder Coated but I figure that if I scrape or scrach'em up I can pull'em off and touch them up real easy this way. I think they turned out nice!

Cover Plates that go on both sides.

Passenger side on

Drivers side apart / I also ended up cutting the tab on the Poison Spider Rock Sliders off.

Had to cut the inner fender wells out of the stock YJ fenders. Sawzall worked great for that!

They wern't hard to put on, it was a total bolt on application. The hardest part of the whole thing was unbolting all the stuff under the hood like the battery and box, Coolant resivore and washer fluid stuff thats bolted to the inner fender wells! But, I do suggest you have access to a die grinder and a sawzall for sure!

Any questions drop me a "PM" I'd be glad to help!

Scott
    Last edited by avjeepfreek; 07-12-09, 04:05 PM.
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Was it a "vendor" on ebay? If so, post the link. I may interested. Looks good!

Comment

Ron, here's the link to the HD steering set up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rugge...ht_1782wt_1189

Scott
      "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Looks sweet Scott, now put that locker and those gears in and you are ready for some serious trouble

Comment

Looking Good Scott.
          Check out .

Comment

flat fenders

looks nice scott.i love it when a jeeper gets goodies for his jeep .!!!!!! test it out on cleghorn next week ?????????

Comment

nice work man, looks good!
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Scott,

The Jeep is looking good!

Mitch

Comment

My wife & I had the pleasure of running with Scott & Lisa on Saturday and I have to say that Scott's project turned out as good looking if not better than any shop I've ever seen! Great job my friend!
                  SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                  MJR moderator
                  MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                    Ron, here's the link to the HD steering set up!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rugge...ht_1782wt_1189

Scott
                    Thanks.

Comment

Man those fenders are beautiful! I was noticing the welds on the top edge of the fender-looks like some nice work!

I have been wanting a set for a while, and these may finally get my $$$!

You really ought to consider an oil pan skin plate. I have a 4banger just like you and I have loved and abused the skid from.....shoot! I have had that skid for so long I forgot who made it!
                      But, I have abused it and modified it quite a bit!

Here you are!http://www.skidplates.com/Engine_87_YJ.asp

I'll post some skid pics later tonight.
                      Last edited by pdw; 07-13-09, 05:27 PM.
                      Money pit!

Comment

Nice flatties! I have a set on my YJ and they look awesome! Great job dude!
                        Drew
                        95yj Six Pack

Comment

Very nice Scott. Just might get me moving on some as well.

Comment

Originally posted by pdw View Post
                            You really ought to consider an oil pan skin plate. I have a 4banger just like you and I have loved and abused the skid from.....shoot! I have had that skid for so long I forgot who made it!
                            But, I have abused it and modified it quite a bit!

Here you are!http://www.skidplates.com/Engine_87_YJ.asp

I'll post some skid pics later tonight.
                            I have that same skid. Ive saved my oil pan a few times.
                            -Scott
                            Those left standing
                            Will make millions
                            Writing books on ways
                            It should have been
                            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

them toob fenders is saweeet!
                              holes = cowbell

Comment

Working...
                              X