Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, I totally enjoy home made stuff on the cheap! That's right in there with my $2.00 High Lift hood bracket!

Great job and great imagination!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Nice job man. Whats next, fishing nets?
      [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
      [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
      http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Funny you say that. As I was doing it I was thinking. This is pretty easy. If I ever needed I could make fishing net.
        Those left standing
        Will make millions
        Writing books on ways
        It should have been
        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
          Funny you say that. As I was doing it I was thinking. This is pretty easy. If I ever needed I could make fishing net.
          Does your knot tying book show you how to splice eyelets or tie Monkeyfists? If you want to learn I know how to do all that crap. Leftover useless info from the days in Uncle Sams Navy... Although, as a boat owner, I saved a bundle doing my own mooring lines.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

That's awesome!

Comment

Damn, I was giving that knot book in apprentice class and never looked at it. Maybe if I did I could have come up with something cool like that!

Comment

Hate it!

Sure it looks cool, but if that was on my Jeep, it would be full of trash!
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Love It! Scott
                  Was buying the smittyblt
                  Solor Yellow LJ Rubicion 4.5 SF SA. Body armor bumpers, Sliders, Warn RC 9.0, CB,Intake, Edge TB and programer.35" X Terrains, Some additional cage work

Comment

If you buy the beer and the rope Ill help you tie it. The nice thing about the smittybilts is that you cant take it off and put it back on. Mine require unweaving the whole deal.
                    Last edited by OU812; 06-26-09, 04:09 PM. Reason: splling
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                      I you buy the buy the bear and the rope Ill help you tie it. The nice thing about the smittybilts is that you cant take it off and put it back on. Mine require unweaving the whole deal.
                      I think youve had enough beer

Ive a thought to your cool idea. Why not get a roll of velcro tape. Put a loop around the cage at each spot the knots wouldve been tied, and start from there? That way you can take it off if you want to.

Just an idea.

Tam
                      2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                      Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I re-tied my passenger side with a modular version. I just made a loop and zip-tied it to the roll bar. Then I made the net. It was much more difficult that way but it is removable.
                        Originally posted by OU812
                        I you buy the buy the bear and the rope Ill help you tie it.
                        LOL this had me rolling. Trying to do too many things at once. I was in the middle of an auction and trying to type this reply on my iPhone. Good thing I didn't have any gum.
                        Those left standing
                        Will make millions
                        Writing books on ways
                        It should have been
                        -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
                          Sure it looks cool, but if that was on my Jeep, it would be full of trash!
                          times 2, have always wanted one, but one look into the bed of my work truck makes me glad I do not. I mean I think there would be trash from last century in there if I installed those. OH by the way, great job weaving them up, looks great.
                          censored for having an opinion

Comment

Originally posted by OU812
                            I you buy the buy the bear and the rope Ill help you tie it.
                            Damn, you're crazier than I thought! Did that beard turn you into Grizzly Adams or something?

Originally posted by blackZZR View Post
                            times 2, have always wanted one, but one look into the bed of my work truck makes me glad I do not. I mean I think there would be trash from last century in there if I installed those. OH by the way, great job weaving them up, looks great.
                            Yeah, it would have to be easily removable. I've actually been playing with similar ideas for some time, since I almost never use full doors or windows anymore. Driving that thing at 70 mph can suck a fast food bag complete with hamburger right out of the Jeep faster than Rosie O'Donald. I'd like to try parachute cord and/or some mil-spec cargo netting, the latter of which is what the grossly overpriced Raingler is based on.
                            holes = cowbell

Comment

Regarding Raingler.

You get what you pay for. I have a set of full nets from them. I got them six years ago, and have run them (up until recently) faithfully. They are as strong and look as good as the day I bought them. The latches are strong and easy to use.

I think the original posters ropes are a great cheap and easy fix, but if you want something thats going to be be reliable, easy to use and look great over years and years of abuse, I would recommend the Raingler nets.

Tam
                              2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                              Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

I could show you how to paint for about 8 bucks. JUST KIDDING!
                                1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Working...
                                X