Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard tops

I found a hord top for my yj for $500. The add says its in good condition. Is ths good price? I have been watching out for a few weeks and this is as low as I have seen.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

:2:

got a hard top, sold a hard top...

do you really want a hard top? I mean really?

then $500- isn't bad, do you have full doors or does it come with uppers for half doors?

I found that after I got the hard top on, I couldnt wait to get it back off, and once I got it off, I just wear a jacket... even when it rains, if you drive fast 'nuff it's all good.

:2: jmho...
    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I go back and forth. I don't have a lot of room to store it so it would be on the jeep all the time. I don't live in the best neighborhood so it would keep my tools and such secure. They make the jeep a lot more comfortable on the hwy. The guy who is selling the top is also selling some upper half doors that fit the top. I would be looking for full doors though. There are other places I can spend $500 on the jeep.
      Those left standing
      Will make millions
      Writing books on ways
      It should have been
      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
        There are other places I can spend $500 on the jeep.
        There always are...
        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Unlike Kodiak Spirit, I get fricken' cold driving my Jeep in the winter here in the desert to and from work. So I bought a hard top. I take it off and run with a bikini top when the fricken' cold weather is over!

If you don't have a place to store it, then I wouldn't recommend you buy it. If you break it, the liftgate glass is getting scarce as a Republican in the White House. But you can't beat it for security. Your other security option (po' boy style) is to bolt either plywood or diamond plate across the top of your wheel wells in the back and lock your tail gate.

$500.00 is a good price if it has all the glass. Scotties in Fontana wants $850.00.
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
            got a hard top, sold a hard top...

do you really want a hard top? I mean really?

I found that after I got the hard top on, I couldnt wait to get it back off
            :2: jmho...
            Same here, got a hard top and when the weather turned nice I couldn't wait to get it off. Two problems though, no space to store it and my wife couldn't help me lift it. So I sold it and I don't regret it one bit. The other thing is when offroading it kept shifting on the tub, popping the rear window and rubbing on the roll bar.

I don't live in the best neighborhood so it would keep my tools and such secure. They make the jeep a lot more comfortable on the hwy.
            That is the only adantage I saw, quieter ride on the freeway, but it wasn't enough for me to keep it. Plus I always leave my Jeep unlocked in case someone wants to snoop around. That way, I am hoping they will just open the door instead of breaking a window or slashing the top.

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Unlike Kodiak Spirit, I get fricken' cold driving my Jeep in the winter here in the desert to and from work. So I bought a hard top. I take it off and run with a bikini top when the fricken' cold weather is over!.
            -31F here a few weeks ago and my softop kept me nice and warm. I have to say that the sailcloth is definitely the way to go. On a side note, I have seen a couple of nutballs running with no top.
            [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Lawrence View Post

-31F here a few weeks ago and my softop kept me nice and warm.
              that sucks. Is cold here today. supposed to be in the 60's
              Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                that sucks. Is cold here today. supposed to be in the 60's
                20F today, very nice and just wearing a flannel shirt. A few more degrees and we'll soon be dusting off the flip-flops.
                [COLOR="Blue"]If you don't have the time to do it right, what makes you think you'll have the time to do it twice?[/COLOR]

Comment

ok, I'm the nutball running with no top...

hey, a nice Tuffy box for behind the seat, or the expandable box for the rear if you want to take the back seat out, keeps the tools nice and safe. and for less than $500- a Tuffy center console is nice to, plus if you get the security glovebox you can put a battery kill switch in there... :2:

Comment

i agree with Kodiak Spirit - I had my hard top on the first winter...when it came off, it hasn't gone on since. i have a soft top and find that the windows are always too. just something you gotta do with a Jeep. i would invest in a security trunk or tuffy box for your tools and forget the hard top. jmo...

Comment

Lucky me, my jeep came with a tuffy glove box and center console. I hadn’t thought to put a kill switch in the box. That is a great idea. My old man was a CJ guru and I’ll quote him when I say…
                      "I need to drive a Jeep in order to carry all the tools I need because I drive a Jeep"
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Jewel View Post
                        i agree with Kodiak Spirit - I had my hard top on the first winter...when it came off, it hasn't gone on since. ..
                        x3.
                        Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

I agree with Roger

In the winter as a daily driver I like the hard top. When it's not cold (most of the time) I run without a top all together or maybe just a bikini/shade top. Any top will be costly to repair if you tear it up wheeling but at least the soft top can be fixed by replacing panels. As for security, leave the jeep unlocked. Someone taking a few things withouit kniving your top is a lot cheeper then having to replace your stuff and your top. I've heard of tuffy box being destroyed by theives just to get a CB or loose change. I recommend don't carry anything you don't have to and leave everything unlocked.

Comment

Lucky me, my jeep came with a tuffy glove box and center console. I hadn’t thought to put a kill switch in the box. That is a great idea. My old man was a CJ guru and I’ll quote him when I say…
                            "I need to drive a Jeep in order to carry all the tools I need because I drive a Jeep"
                            What about 1 of those box's under back seat? Love my H-Top here in winter,but I also love my BIG back yard where I park it
                            Dennis and Tammy
                            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Tuffy has a warrenty against such things...

Comment

Working...
                              X