Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• viair onboard air

is any one runnin one of these viair set ups , are they any good , are they worth the money , what is the air supply of choice?
    :gun:im a outlaw baby:gun:

Ive got one of there units. Not sure what size the pump is, but I plumbed it to a external tank. It works pretty well and is pretty quiet. I would recommend getting one of the larger pumps, mine takes about 3-5 min to build 150psi. Heres a few picts of my set up.

Its no fun without family

Comment

yea that looks pretty good , is the install pretty easy

Comment

Install is really easy (only requires basic hand tools), run a couple power wires and a air line bolt it down and your done. The hardest part is picking a place to mount it.
        Its no fun without family

Comment

run it for a couple years now. works fine.
          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Three years running a 450C. No probs...
            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Had mine for 8 months now no probs, just make sure you get a pump that can handle you tire size.

Comment

Great 88, (Mitch) is running a Harbor Fr. comp. under his hood, seems to work fine, great price.
                :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Well,

As Flatpoint reported, I have been running an air compressor from Harbor Freight. I installed the $50 compressor where the old original bottle jack was mounted on the passenger side under the hood. There is not a remote tank so air volume is low but I've "aired up" about 20 times and no problems. I run 14 lbs and it takes 2 1/2 minutes a tire (33 x 12.5) to air up to
                  28 lbs.

Comment

I also run that same air compressor form Harbor Frieght and I have absolutly had no problems with it at all! You cant beat the price and I have run it against a friends Viair compressor and it looks and works just the same! Got mine for $42 *on sale* cant beat that!
                    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

I didn't wanna repost this.

I got a constant duty Viair oba system. I researched the net and forum. The best place I found to mount it was on the passenger side tire hump in tub. As of Tuesday this will be mainly for off road.

So the install was real easy and every package inside was labeled.

And the tank color somewhat matches my Jeep color. Anyways just have to secure the wiring but is pretty much finished.

I also made some door skins for my tube doors I have. Gonna finish them this week. Here is some pics.

Last edited by womb raider 940; 04-27-08, 08:44 PM.
                      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

hey looks good josh im running the viair to works preety good

Comment

yeah lookin' good. make sure the compressor cooling fins arn't actually touching the seat, they get pretty hot.
                          myJeeprocks.com

"in the end... the rocks always win."

Comment

Originally posted by blkTJ View Post
                            yeah lookin' good. make sure the compressor cooling fins arn't actually touching the seat, they get pretty hot.
                            nothing is touching the back of the seat. the fins are on the upside of it.
                            Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

That is where i mounted my tank also.
                              I love the location of it.
                              I am not using a E-Compressor though. I converted a AC unit to a compressor and it fills my 3-Gal to 120 in about 30 second's at 1,000 Rpm.
                              1993 YJ 4.0 5 speed 5" suspension lift, 8.8 conversion, 33 12.50-15 SS TSL bias ply wrapped around 15x10 Black crager's, OBA and Bumpers just to name a few

Comment

Working...
                              X