Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey....

New to this forum, been jeepin 2 yrs. now. love it!Usually in the Ord mtn. area (north of Lucerne valley) every weekend.Like checking out old mines,and shooting.See ya out there!
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Hey Dave,

Welcome aboard. One of my favorite areas to run are the Ord Mountains. Gold Belt Mine, Anita Mine, Jim Hills Mine, Ford Mine, Grandview Mine..... I'm not a crawler yet, more of a cruiser so if you want to have a backup Jeep let me know. I am out at least 1 day each weekend.

Mitch - great88

Comment

Hi Dave. Welcome to MJR! I would love to explore the Ord Mountains. I haven't been in that area before. Let me know if you want to organize a run!
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Dave! Welcome aboard. Yay Apple Valley!!
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR.
          Check out .

Comment

great 88, Cool! I thought I was the only one who new those mine names.....have you done the "ord belt" area? behind the grandview.Ive walked the last part of the mine trail,3 mines up top.

Comment

The western slope of Ord mtn. is fun too.(the circle T mine) a "rock crawl" for me,Im a cruser too,have to get it home in one piece........

Comment

Hey Dave,

I haven't heard of "Circle T", and haven't been to Ord Belt. I've checked out several mines just west of the fwy off stoddard wells. Lots of fun exploring there around Quartzite Mountain. I have also seen a couple of mines to check out in Stoddard Valley. That's what is fun for me! I will be out there this upcoming weekend (27th & 28th).

Mitch

Comment

Mitch, you need to post up some of these historic/scenic mine runs and lead some stuff buddy, I know I would enjoy getting some history and "tours" of some of these mines in the area....
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Well Jesse,

I'll have to plot a nice loop that covers several old mines and petroglyph sites and see what I can come up with. Hope that you can hang with a easy family type of run. It's all good!

Mitch - great88

Comment

sheesh Mitch, I got a Grand Cherokee to...
                      :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Just signed up now I'm ready to ride....

Hey all, New here have been reading through posts and would like to take a run through the Ord Mts. Haven't been out to area for around 10 years and just bought a jeep and need to start exploring again.

Comment

Welcome Jason!

There are lots of folks who make regular runs in the Ords & East Lucerne. You'll have no problem finding MJR crazy jeepers that would welcome you along.
                          I see your a CDF (sorry I'm old school) fire-fighter. I had the pleasure of providing space for the Cal Fire Aero support group for the 10-tanker this fire season. Great group of guys.

Roger - Lucerne Valley
                          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                          MJR moderator
                          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                          Jeep Patrol Leader
                          Reforestation Supervisor
                          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                          Eagle Scout

Comment

Apple Valley probably has the most Jeeps per capita in the country!

Welcome to MJR flatpoint!
                            If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Welcome to MJR!! I'm interested in the mine runs & history too...it doesn't always have to rough wheeling

Comment

Working...
                              X