Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you thought about an XJ? They make great trail vehicles, and the 4x4's do very well in winter weather (That's why my parents owned one when we lived in virginia). YJ's a brilliant little jeeps, but the XJ's have a tendency to be a little less expensive. I paid $3600 for my '94 with only 92k miles on it. It has the 4.0 H.O. and will go whereever my dad's '00 TJ will.

The wrangler frame is propular cause it's unique, but give it a thought if you're looking for a "first jeep" within an affordable price range. The XJ may not have the removeable tops and doors, but you've got more cargo space, more seating, better ride quality, less top heavy, and the XJ came with three different motor styles. Correct me if I'm wrong guys but didn't it come with the 4.0, the 2.5 4cyl, and a 2.7 V6 Diesel?

So yeah, give them a thought! I've had a Yj as my first jeep. Good little workhorse, and i'm in NO WAY talking them down, but I'm not in any way regretting that I bought a LWB Jeep.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

(Correct me if I'm wrong guys but didn't it come with the 4.0, the 2.5 4cyl, and a 2.7 V6 Diesel?)

It came with the 2.5 and the 4.0
      The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

I really want a wrangler, not to big on the cherokees, its a bigger car, and im really buying this for me, so I dont need a full size suv. Besides when someone says jeep or 4X4 I dont know about you, but I think a red wrangler
        If it aint green, it aint clean

Comment

when someone says jeep or 4X4 I dont know about you, but I think a red wrangler

hey if you have the time (if you can stand to wait) try to git a D44 axle under the rear of whatever fuel injected YJ you decide to get, it will save you money in the long run.

I wish someone had told me this stuff when I was looking for my first wrangler, but alas, I now have the ford 9" rear end.
          but really,

#1 fuel injected 4.0
          #2 D44 rear end
          #3 5 spd tranny. this is up to U, but the 5 spd is a stronger tranny in the long run on these YJ's. I know auto is easy(er) offroad but the 5 is a stronger component.
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
            when someone says jeep or 4X4 I dont know about you, but I think a red wrangler

hey if you have the time (if you can stand to wait) try to git a D44 axle under the rear of whatever fuel injected YJ you decide to get, it will save you money in the long run.

I wish someone had told me this stuff when I was looking for my first wrangler, but alas, I now have the ford 9" rear end.
            but really,

#1 fuel injected 4.0
            #2 D44 rear end
            #3 5 spd tranny. this is up to U, but the 5 spd is a stronger tranny in the long run on these YJ's. I know auto is easy(er) offroad but the 5 is a stronger component.

D44 rear end, like an axle? Yea im gonna get a manual not an automatic, and yea fuel injection, anything from 91-95, I like the look of the older roll bars and the newer ones that protect the rear passenger.
            Last edited by provin1327; 10-20-07, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Just Like to throw my two cents in. You are smart not to let your parents talk to into getting another vehicle other than a jeep. I on the other hand was not and didn't get back to buying my jeep until 12 years later. Be patient and get what YOU want....

Comment

^^ yea I have worked out my solution since this is my car, and mostly my money, and my mom said that about a cheap car, my dad wants me to get a jeep, whenever I see one on the road I say "whoa that thing is sexy" and he goes yea they are perfect for you.

Comment

Originally posted by provin1327 View Post
                  I really want a wrangler, not to big on the cherokees, its a bigger car, and im really buying this for me, so I dont need a full size suv. Besides when someone says jeep or 4X4 I dont know about you, but I think a red wrangler

ya buddy.....
                  Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                  X