Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New guy here

Hello everyone.

My name is Eric and I own a 1978 CJ-5 Levi's edition.

It was my Father-in-law's Jeep and I bought it from him @ 12 years ago. He used it mostly for hunting and it only had 28,000 original miles on it. It sat for the better part of 6 years and most of the rubber and fabric on it had deteriorated. When I bought it I had grand plans to build a killer Rock Crawler. It needed a new carb, all the hoses and belts replaced, new tires and brakes and a new ignition. I took her home and got her running. The drivetrain was in great shape, but the body and suspension needed some work. After 12 years I haven't built the "Ultimate" rock crawler, but it's a good looking Jeep with new paint, Rhino Lining in the body tub, a strong V8 with a Jacobs ignition and a 2 1/2" Pro Comp lift with 32" BFG's. It's turned into a really nice Boulevard Jeep that can still wheel pretty good. I'm planning on putting a Howell FI kit on it with an Edlebrock manifold and shorty headers, re-gearing the transfer case with a 4:1 kit so I can keep the stock gears for the highway and some type of locker in the front and rear end. I'm considering a EZ locker in the rear and a Tru Trac up front. I enjoy taking my Jeep out on the town as well as down a trail or two, or towing my Hayabusa to the track. My wife and I constanly argue over "who's" Jeep it is, but the truth is it's more hers than mine. It was her Dad's after all I'll post some pic's up soon.

My first question for the experts here is this: My Father , who passed away last year, had a 1942 Willy's MB Jeep. He had it 2/3rds restored when he passed away. My mother want's to sell it because of lack of room and I haven't the time nor paitience to own two jeeps. How much is a '42 Willy's in "B" condition worth?

Well I guess I'll be the first to say Welcome to MJR and hurry up with the pics! My parents live in Oakdale . . . I plan to visit them and wanted to do some wheelin' while I was up there . . . know of any cool areas?
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Welcome aboard, I enjoyed your post. Hope to see you and your wife on the trail sometime.
      Sarah
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Glad to see another CJ.
        Check out .

Comment

Working...
        X