Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lift is finally done... Pics inside

Well, after wroking on it a little every night the project is almost over except for a few loose ends.

I got the full traction lift installed and did the alignment and took it out for a spin. Major vibrations. I guess I expected it but it was really bad. I have the Dana 44 and I think that made the vibes a bit worse than normal. The transfer case drop plus 3 washers did not fully get rid of the vibes.

So I spent Saturday doing putting it a BL and MML. That drivers side motor mount is a pain the rear. I took out the washers on the TC drop but still needed to leave the TC drop in to get rid of all the vibes.

The manual shift lever and boot is now really hard to get into 2,4 and reverse. I will need to move the console back a bit and get a pleather boot.

I am working on spacing out the snubbers and third taillight for the spare tire carrier. This will work long enough for me to sell the original tires and rims and get some $$$ for a bumper tire carrier combo.

Overall the install went pretty smooth just tired of wrenchin on it now. The jeep rides and tracks great. There are now wobbles or vibes at all. The Cooper STT tires look fantastic and Wow are these things quiet for as agressive as they are. I think they are quieter than the Pro Comp Xtreme AT's I have on my F-350.

Anyway here are the pics. Let me know what you guys think

Pics dont work...
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Love to see it.... where the pics?
      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Originally posted by sandjunkie View Post
        Well, after wroking on it a little every night the project is almost over except for a few loose ends.

I got the full traction lift installed and did the alignment and took it out for a spin. Major vibrations. I guess I expected it but it was really bad. I have the Dana 44 and I think that made the vibes a bit worse than normal. The transfer case drop plus 3 washers did not fully get rid of the vibes.

So I spent Saturday doing putting it a BL and MML. That drivers side motor mount is a pain the rear. I took out the washers on the TC drop but still needed to leave the TC drop in to get rid of all the vibes.

The manual shift lever and boot is now really hard to get into 2,4 and reverse. I will need to move the console back a bit and get a pleather boot.

I am working on spacing out the snubbers and third taillight for the spare tire carrier. This will work long enough for me to sell the original tires and rims and get some $$$ for a bumper tire carrier combo.

Overall the install went pretty smooth just tired of wrenchin on it now. The jeep rides and tracks great. There are now wobbles or vibes at all. The Cooper STT tires look fantastic and Wow are these things quiet for as agressive as they are. I think they are quieter than the Pro Comp Xtreme AT's I have on my F-350.

Anyway here are the pics. Let me know what you guys think
        I believe THIS is what you were trying to do

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Thanks Materdaddy!!!

Comment

Sweet, i like that color... Welcome to MJR!
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandjunkie View Post
              Thanks Materdaddy!!!
              NP, your links were off a little bit, no big deal!

Comment

I am pretty sure you can't use "Done" and "Jeep" in the same sentence. Or at least that has been my experince so far. Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodOil.com View Post
                  I am pretty sure you can't use "Done" and "Jeep" in the same sentence. Or at least that has been my experince so far. Welcome!
                  No kidding! I keep saying "I'm done with the Jeep..." and the follow it up with 10 different "except for _____ and _____" statements... It doesn't end!

Comment

lookin good!
                    Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Niceee

Congrats! It looks great, im thinking about doing the same to mine but just haven't found the time yet.

Comment

TIme to put some memories in that jeep.

Comment

Let's take her out and get it dirty!

Comment

Looks great!!

Comment

jeep looks sweet! Like those wheels and that color!
                              Just trying to get to Cali!

Comment

Working...
                              X