Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SoCal MJR Virgin

I recently bought a 2006 Rubicon and am looking for other 4x4s to hit the trails with. I'm very close to Angeles and Los Padres National Forests.

-schmo
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Hiya Schmo

I don't know where either of those places are but I get up to Big Bear often and there's tons of great trails up there.

Comment

Big Bear

Hola!

I'm about 30 minutes above LA, so I'm thinking maybe 2-3 hours from Big Bear. I've heard that there are some awesome trails up there. Please let me know if you are interested heading up there one of these weekends.

-schmo

Comment

Que pasa schmo? Welcom to MJR. This is a great place to find folks to hook up with for trails. Lots of knowledgable people here, and nice too. Wheres the obligatory pics of the new Rubi????

Rat
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Yeah I'll have to work on the pics. I noticed that you're down in the LBC . . . which trails do you usually hit?

Comment

Hey Schmo, I'm heading up there.... um........ Sunday the 22 of this month.... I think that's the right date. Not sure which trails we're hitting. My buddy's jonesing.

And I'm going to be up there the weekend of the 18th in August. We have a big group going up from another forum I'm on including a couple big dawgs from Arizona who are coming out. We're going to hit as many trails as we can and a bunch of the guys are camping.

Oh, I'm in Temecula, so BB is a trip, but it's so worth it.

Comment

The real Virgin !!!

I'm about 20 miles north of you. Keep looking here for posts about upcoming runs. Miller Jeep is up near Gorman and a fun run. I have a 06 Rubi also. Hope to see you out there !
              moon buggy
              5.3, turbo 350, Atlas 4.3, 9" front rear

Comment

Howdy! And welcome to MJR. I'm sure that you will find several folks in your area to wheel with. You also have a couple of challenging trails near you that are very popular: Rowher and Miller Jeep trail.

As for Big Bear, I have to agree with Tiny Terror. Especially this time of year. Getting up out of the heat and smog is an added bonus!

Welcome to the forum.
                [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
                  Yeah I'll have to work on the pics. I noticed that you're down in the LBC . . . which trails do you usually hit?
                  At this point I think it will be easier to twll you what trails I haven't run...
                  You ought to try Rowher and Miller. They're close to you and a fairly good staring trail. Big Bear has a lot of different trails with varyinhg levels of difficulty. If you go, post up here and I know you'll find someone to go with you. Me included.

Rat
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Big Bear sounds great . . . I'm definately in if anyone is willing to put up with a novice! My Rubicon is stock, but I'm constantly amazed at what she can do. I've been on parts of the Rowher Trail, but wussed out at the sight of the first portion (from Bouquet Cyn) last weekend! Although my co-pilot, Turbo, is great companion, I've found that a 15 pound dachshund (wiener dog)offers limited spotting abilities! I'm really interested in getting out as much as possible, as I'd like to ditch the "novice" title here pretty soon. Let me know if any of you guys/gals are heading out (So Cal) and wouldn't mind a tag along!

Comment

Another dachshund owner - welcome!
                      Jeff
                      OHV76V
                      KG6TY
                      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

I can't argue with that logic!
                        Oscar

Comment

good choice of Jeeps! welcome
                          Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Working...
                          X