Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey im newbie to the jeep world..i own a 96 zj and would like to know if its possible to install a 4 1/2 inch lift without messing with the stock brake lines and pitman arm?? and what tires i could fit without fender trimming??
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 96ZJRollin1986; 06-11-07, 06:19 PM.

Welcome to MJR...

I wouldnt recommend a 4 1/2" lift without changing the brake lines to longer ones. As for the pitman arm you shouldnt need to change it. and you should be able to fit 32s fine without trimming.
    |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Thanks for the welcome.. so how about a 3 1/2 suspension lift with 32's?? And do you know anything about installing a aftermarket cd player in a ZJ with a factory amplifier?? sorry about all the questions but im new to this..
      Thanx in advance

Comment

What do you plan on doing w/ this ZJ once it is lifted and has bigger tires? If you plan on wheeling it, You really should extend the brake lines or you will not realize the potential of the lift (FLEX)and tires w/out posibly compromising the brake lines. It would be way easier to replace them now then to damage one on the trail and have to deal w/ it then.

Comment

Okay that sounds good..Where is a good place to get some longer brake lines?

Comment

if you buy a good kit like Rubicon Express (www.rubiconexpress.com) they should come with extended brake lines or you could also buy them seperately from RE if your piecing together a kit.
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

thanx for the info.. one more question..Has anyone heard of the rocky road trailblazer suspensions??

Comment

Nope never... just a tip, you get what you pay for. ESPECIALLY with suspension systems... i would save my pennies and do it righ the first time. Just my .02 but go with Rubicon Express, Full Traction, T&T, or Claytons. Everything else isnt worth it.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

alright sounds good thanx for the help..

Comment

Working...
                  X