Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another new guy from Canuckleland

Hey there.. I just bought my first Jeep. I used to drive a Lada Niva and did only a small amount of offroading, but I am looking forward to doing a lot more in this vehicle. It's a 91 YJ. It needs a fair bit of work before I set out anywhere off pavement. Its baby blue with a white roof for starters - going to paint it black or white. Has rust holes.. grinds like hell in reverse, oil is being sucked into the air filter, and it squeeks squeeks squeeks when I turn corners. But that aside, I'm happy to have it and absolutely love driving it. I look forward to hearing about all your Jeeps too.

Chris

Welcome, and enjoy!!
    Dan

Comment

Howdy! Welcome to MJR! My first Jeep was a 92 YJ so I am familiar with some of the symptoms, especially rust. I had it when I lived in St. Louis. Somewhere in the forums there is a thread on the oil being sucked into the air filter. It might help.

Again, Welcome aboard.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

welcome to MJR. Glad you made it!

Rat
        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Woot! Welcome on board the party barge...

Toot toot...
          WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

welcome. more and more of you guys from the west.....eh.
            :devil: Giffer

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
              Woot! Welcome on board the party barge...

Toot toot...
              HAHA wtf... you been wearnin pink lately? or just hittin the herb?

Welcome to MJR btw!
              -Allen
              |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Who says I gotta be tokin' the herb? Maybe I jsut like to cut loose!

BTW, I looked up a Lada Niva, as i'd never seen one, and they look pretty wicked. Maybe with a light lift and some tires they'd have enough ground clearance to have a little fun ^.^
                WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

those are kinda cute! welcome!
                  Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Originally posted by YJwonderboy View Post
                    Who says I gotta be tokin' the herb? Maybe I jsut like to cut loose!

BTW, I looked up a Lada Niva, as i'd never seen one, and they look pretty wicked. Maybe with a light lift and some tires they'd have enough ground clearance to have a little fun ^.^
                    There are no lifts for them though.. they come witha locking center diff, and they actually have (I think this is true) one of the highest stock clearance because the diff is the size of a pea. I had a 95 and there was really nothing different than a friends of mine who had a 74. Looked the same.. everything. Mine had throttle body FI though. Not a bad little truck.. but no mods available.. had to make your own and if you need parts you are waiting about three weeks for them unless you can find them used.
                    Can I breathe now?... sorry for that long reply about nothing really
                    Last edited by FromLadaToJeep; 07-05-07, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubigirl View Post
                      those are kinda cute! welcome!
                      You think those are cute.. you should see me! wink wink nudge nudge SAY NO MORE!

(I can say that because I am fat and balding and sweat like a pig putting on my shoes - but it's a cute kinda sweating..)

Comment

Originally posted by FromLadaToJeep View Post
                        You think those are cute.. you should see me! wink wink nudge nudge SAY NO MORE!

(I can say that because I am fat and balding and sweat like a pig putting on my shoes - but it's a cute kinda sweating..)
                        You're a funny dude... welcome to MJR
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

yeah i had a friend who used to have a niva. he loved it.
                          :devil: Giffer

Comment

Welcome Chris,

I had to laugh about the oil in the air box. I recently asked about this problem on older YJ's and it seems that this is a common problem. I bought a K & N air filter so that I could clean it instead of throwing it away every other drive.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                            X