Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on what model jeep to buy.

Weddup everyone...im looking to buy a wrangler in the next month or so..i wanna just have fun customizing it and what not and maybe offroad once in a while...so im looking for sum tips on what model wrangler to get...i hear the tj's are good.?

Welcome to the board! (and your newest obsession)

Choosing a model will depend on a few factors.
    Firstly, what do you intend on doing with it?
    Secondly, whats your budget?

Tam
    2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
    Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Word foo... Make surze U shift it mAd TyTe when U get it YO... LOL

Had to get that out sorry... anyways, that question is gonna get you about a million different answers and opinions. If you want a wrangler and have the money get a TJ, if you need to spend a little less get a YJ, if you like old school and have the money get a CJ. They each have there ups and downs just like every rig. If you search around a little im sure youll come up with answeres to help you decide...
      By the way, welcome to the MJR, you'll meet lots of cool people here.
      -Allen
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

the new JP magazine has a few articles on the best jeeps to buy... I am biased, but I say YJ, 91' is the best year if you dont plan on putting anyone in the back seat, otherwise get a 92'-95' YJ. they have fuel injected 4.0 high output engines, they should be fairly inexspensive, square things don't roll as easy as round ones, they have the better 5spd tranny. (Don't get an automatic YJ, its just not worth the headache.) they are easy to lift, you can remove all the trackbars and swaybars cause with 4 leafsprings you don't need them, they have the NP241 t-case so parts and hop ups are plentifull. You won't need a steering box brace or skidplate because the leaf springs do that for you, the backseats come out easy, the gas tank doesn't hang down like a TJ....

but like I said, I am biased.
        :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

I like the cj for wheelin because they are easy to fix and you can weld just about any part on the thing. If you plan on driving it on the road any more then a very little then yj/tj are the way to go. Fuel injection and better road suspension make for a better on road driving. The cj is like any car from the 7o's loud and not to many creature comforts. Have fun in your new jeep!!!
          '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

95 YJ enuf said....

Comment

I think no matter what Jeep you get you will happy. I love my CJ but I also like the XJ, TJ, YJ........ If my garage was big enough I think I would have one of each.
              Check out .

Comment

Can't make that decision for you, if you are not in a rush I would recommend going around and looking at as many Jeeps as you can. Also, do some research on the Internet and such fine forums as this one.

It took me 44 years to decide on my first Jeep, and I chose an '05 Unlimited. I like the longer wheelbase and capacity, but that's just me. Other people have different wants and desires; but as Dirtman so aptly stated, no matter what Jeep you get, you will (be) happy!

Cheers! M2

Comment

Originally posted by Cod View Post
                  95 YJ enuf said....
                  Ditto, big front axle u joints, 4.0 etc. Good buy for the dollar. TJ is just a fancier YJ for too much more $$, IMO.
                  “Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way. ”
                  -Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

I think the TJ and or the TJ rubicon model, if you can aford it are the best. for on the road or off!
                    Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

CJ2,3b,CJ5, CJ7, FJ-40, hell, I've had them all. And had fun in them all. Fuel injection is neat,but simplitity can't be beat, Just like the racers say, speed cost money, how fast do you want to go? Kevin.

Comment

Jeeps are fun no matter what model you get. We all have opinions (OBVIOUSLY), but we have all learned respect for the different models from seeing them on the trail.

Considering that you are wheeling in the northern reaches of the US, I recommend that you look for fuel injection. It is handy to have in the cold winters and it helps to get going again if you ever do something dumb and find your tires in the air!
                        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                        [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                        X