Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And another new guy!

Hello from socal! I have a 2.5L 1989 YJ wrangler that I just put a lift on and Im dying to try it out. The pics here are stock. Next will be slightly larger tires, a trail rack and lockers.

See ya out on the trail! :-)

Outstanding pictures.... Your ready to Rock!! Your in the right place here. Lots of folks to show you different areas, with lots of different levels of skill. have you tried TruckHaven?
    See you out there!!
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Nope, haven't been to truckhaven yet. Heard lots about it, though. Pretty soon its gonna be hot out there but yeah, that's another place I plan on checking out one of these days.

Comment

you should go to the high desert roundup. it will be one of the last desert trips for me until fall. it just gets to hot.

Comment

HDR is looking like it will be pretty hot this year, but it's gonna be a great time!

nice jeep, looking forward to the new pics w/ lift and such...
          :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Welcome aboard! Your Jeep Rocks!
            Sarah
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

New pics

Ok, as soon as i got home from work I grabbed the camera and drove over to a little dirt lot a block away from home. So here are some before and after pics with the new lift on my jeep.

Now its time for bigger meats. I like the Mickey Thompson Baja Claws. Since it's only a 4-bangger, I'll just go up to 31x10.5" tires.

Before:

After:

Eventually, down the line I'll have a bigger engine put in but that will be after a few trail racks and lockers. Not sure if I should go with a locker or a limited-slip in the front diff. I have time to figure it out, though. After all, Rome wasn't built in a day...

Comment

Howdy! Welcome to the site.
                Erik

I fix things.

Comment

gears fix the engine size thing, without adding any weight, but it is your sweet jeep, do whatch want. I put a Detroit locker in the front of my Jeep and I love it. I don't feel it at all whn I'm in 2wd, but took a bit getting used to in 4wd... but it's all good now.

Comment

Welcome to MJR. Rock on...
                    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I put a Detroit locker in the front of my Jeep and I love it.
                      Is that a Detroit soft locker or truetrac?

Comment

welcome! rockin Jeep
                        Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

I'ts just the classic Detroit automatic locker. not limited slip or nothin'. 100% locker. in 2wd you dont even know its there. in 4wd it locks up going straight, or when I give it the goose. when I turn, the difference in wheel speed unlocks it, if I let off the skinny pedal a bit.

Comment

Cool, thanks. I need a little more traction in my jeep, and I want it now! But then there's that whole work and make and save money for it thing. And I do like the detroit lockers. There are a lot of upgrades I plan on doing. After my wife gets a new car and I get a new jeep (JK or TJ) for my dailey driver, my YJ will enjoy nothing but weekend adventures.

Comment

Working...
                            X