Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heyyy

Just got my first jeep...a 95 wrangler rio grande...im 19 and live in lakeland, fl

i had one quick question - right now it has 31" tires but is stock height and rubs pretty bad on sharp turns...it only has a 2.5 in it so im wondering what gears should I put in it? 4.10? also i have no clue what axle is in it...does anyone know? im guessing it is stock....and back to the rubbing....would say a 2-3" body lift be enough or should I just go with a smaller suspension lift...

...dont have a pic right now...will try to get one soon

for 31's, you wouldn't need more than a slight lift. The 31's are fitting now, but yuo say they rub...so, a small suspension lift might be nice. A body lift would work, but Raising your suspension's never a bad idea ^.^
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

hey

well the rubbing is not from the lift ...it is because the tires are wider than stock ...but most likely on the stock rims ...they make a jeep wheel spacer for the tires it is the cheap commom fix ...and will stop tire rub...and as for a body lift me personally would go with a suspension lift ...such as 2 1/2 shackel lift ...and a 1 inch body lift ..i am not a fan of body lift but 1 inch will help with washing off the frame when you are done mudding ..because jeep are known for the tops of the frame rotting out because the are box frames and the body sits flat on the frame ...but all and all a 1inch bodylift, wheel spacers, and 2 1/2 shackel lift is a cheep and easy route that you can do your self

Comment

Originally posted by dickfitz1962 View Post
        a 1inch bodylift, wheel spacers, and 2 1/2 shackel lift is a cheep and easy route that you can do your self
        about how much would all that run?

Comment

also you have dana 30/35 respectivly for diffs, unless im wrong, in that case the tech guru's will straighten me out asap

Comment

Originally posted by The-Hurricane View Post
            also you have dana 30/35 respectivly for diffs, unless im wrong, in that case the tech guru's will straighten me out asap

so a dana 30 in the front and a dana 35 in the back?

thanks for everyones help! =)

Comment

yuppers, with 4.88 gearing? maybe? that might just be a made up number, dont trust my numbers, im almost as new to this as yourself

Comment

Lol, if he's only running 31's, and a 4.0L, than the stock gearing is fine. Which is 3.87 right?
                WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

I have 31's on my stock beast and there's no rubbing at all, but I changed out the backspacing from 5.5 rims to 4. Made all the difference in the world. You can get some steelies pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by chandler27 View Post
                    so a dana 30 in the front and a dana 35 in the back?
                    Hi Chandler27! Welcome to MJR.

Most likely you have a D30/D35 combo but the fast & easy way to check is to look at your rear diff. Does it have a black rubber plug or a steel screw-in fill plug? If it is rubber = Dana 35. If it steel, it could be various things, but most likely a Dana 44.

I am really surprised to hear that 31s rub. Are the wheels stock? I am guessing that they are not and the wheels do not have the proper backspace.

This is my opinion only: If you are going to get a lift, get a 4" lift. It has a great looking stance and it will clear most of the obstacles in the Fla (and many other areas) trails.

Gearing depends on what tire size you want to go to. 4.88s with 31" tires would climb a tree if you could get traction, but you are going to hate it on the highway. Check out this site for a pretty good gear-to-tire size chart:
                    http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowle...article-26.htm

If you decide to go with a 4" lift, 33" tires work (and look) well with that height. But in the end, it is really up to you and what you want your rig to do/look like.

Send pics! I love pics.
                    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                    [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X