Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did i mention that Hi-Lifts suck??

well.. went out w/ Pt. Mugu 4x4 club today to pull a stolen dodge prospector (ramcharger) off the trail that somone had driven where they shouldnt and stripped it of the tires, wheels, and intake manifold among other things. Took 2 serious rock buggys and some creative winching and anchoring to my jeep and another to get up a few of the hard obstacles on miller. I also got to use my HF winch again to tow a ford ranger pickup with a blown out tire back onto the trail where he had backed off of it on those hairy switchbacks about 2miles in on lockwood. ANYWAY..

when we got to the dodge.. we pulled it over so we could put the tires and wheels that we brought on it courtesy of gary's rockbuggy's winch. much faster than the hi-lift.. i also got a set of pristine side mirrors that will bolt directly onto my jeep's door hinges for mirrors w/ the doors are off.

towed it up miller.. then when we got to the top.. i jacked it up w/ the hi-lift to take the wheels off.. used an impact for the first time w/ my OBA system. worked surprisingly well. Then.. as i was jacking the side down.. disaster struck.. didnt push down enough to get the latch to engage, and the handle came swinging back with enough force to slash my cheek, also making me bite the inside at the same time in a different location. gash was about.. 1" x 1/8" deep. blood went everywhere.. was total shock to me.. someone said.. 'dude you're bleeding!" and i didnt believe them until i saw the blood on my gloves and shirt. oh well.. out came the cold compresses and ice.

managed to limp home. cleaned the cut, looked at it some more.. not the worst cut i've dealt with myself.. so.. I pinched it together and gave it a top-coat of superglue. viola. works great.. had to shave part of my beard though to get to it.
    beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

welcome to the board, evilpsych!
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

hence the reason hi-lift jacks are death traps
      It's frustrating when you know all the answers, but nobody bothers to ask you the questions

Comment

i wouldnt call them deathtraps.. just gotta watch what you're doing.. should have sprayed it w/ wd-40 to make the pins slide better. that.. and maybe putting a rubber bike grip on the end to cover the sharp edge would have helped.

all i know is that i'm going to be carrying a good tube of superglue gel in my med-kit now.. better than bleeding to death in the boonies.
        beer.. the cause of, and solution to.. all of life's problems. Come find me. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000361801890

Comment

owie ... nice beard tho.
          My Jeep!

Comment

you got a real purty mouf

hehe

[COLOR=blue]Chris[/COLOR]
            SAVE JOHNSON VALLEY!!! - CLICK HERE
            Ya Savvy?

Motech Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69

hehe

HAHAHA
              >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
              ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

so, how is the mouth situation?
                :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

actually, the mouth is completely healed, the superglue did a better job than any stitches. course, it took the inside of my mouth where i bit it super hard about a month to heal properly to where i could enjoy acidic foods again.. ever bite your cheek hard then enjoy something with ketchup? OWWIIEE

Comment

Originally posted by Dukes69

hehe

strike a pose.
                    Joe Rojas
                    1994 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

Working...
                    X