Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie'ish rockin a 96 ZJ Limited 5.2

IM new to here but not to the forum thing.

I own a 96 Grand Cherokee Limited. I take pride in the beast and if i wasnt goign to school i'd have much more money than i do & i'd actually be able to modify it, like i have done so before with all the cars ive owned.

THus far i've only modified the exhaust by removing everything past the cat.....& installing a Borla muffler and a dump pipe that kicks it down right before the rear end.

I also just painted the wheels flat black which in my eyes makes it look much more appealing.

An unfinished project im working on is the air duct in the grille which is pretty self explanitory.....for diverting air to the air box....or in my case a ghetto rigged AEM intake from a 92-95 civic. haha

I'd write more but im late for classes so check out the videos below for a look at my jeep.

& thanks for looking.
    -Brett

Click here to see Video

Click here to see Video

Last edited by Toxxic; 02-13-07, 03:58 PM.
    -Brett
    96 ZJ. custom exhaust & intake & 91 Prelude Si 4WS.

Welcome aboard Brett! Nice to see some new members from this side of the country.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Melcome to MJR. You chould start using that Jeep for some rocks rather than parking lots. It will be a lot more fun...
      -Allen
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

yeah painting the rims flat black really does give it more of an aggressive look.
        :devil: Giffer

Comment

Psh! Chromies all the way Giffer! Anywho nice jeep...I like the intake idea. Sounds pretty neat! Just don't submerge your front end. Not a good idea. Always great to see some eastern guys! Nothing like the motherside of the states!
          WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

thanks guys for the comments.

but dont worry about the intake sucking water in.... i dont do much water-involved off roading.

I'm not sure what im doing with the jeep anyways. After i get out of school i have been planning on getting a loan out and getting a new car..... was planning on selling the jeep and putting the loot towards the new whip but since they dont retail for much i figured it'd be a lost cause. & maybe i'd just benefit and enjoy keeping it as a side car much better.

If i keep the jeep as the daily driver i'll prolly get a set of newer jeep wheels & be happy.

If its my side car i'll try to get a 3 or 4" lift kit with the 2" wheel spacers & somewhere along the line get some bigger tires and different wheels.

Soomewhere along the line im trying to get a spare hood and modify it so its a stockish cowl induction hood...gradually rising to a 3-4" opening in the rear of the hood.

but yeah..... plus i need to finish the air duct....and fab an airbox....but i dont have a welder & my welding classes are over. soooo.....i dunno about that.

take it easy for now fellas. im out.

p.s.... enjoy some pics....back in the original post.
            Last edited by Toxxic; 02-13-07, 03:59 PM.
            -Brett

Comment

Special announcement...... Just cracked a huge hole out of my rear bumper. Went to the store and was backing into a spot here at school and rode the back end onto one of them cables that comes down from the powerlines...' blind spot made worse by snow covered back window...

im angry now, cuz i have 2 huge chunks that snapped out of the bumper... good news is that theres only 2 pcs. and they fit perfecty back into place so i can fiberglass them back and act like it never happen.

p.s......more pics above.... check em out.
              Last edited by Toxxic; 02-13-07, 03:47 PM.
              -Brett

Comment

There you go now thats what we like to see...
                |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Toxxic View Post
                  Special announcement...... Just cracked a huge hole out of my rear bumper. Went to the store and was backing into a spot here at school and rode the back end onto one of them cables that comes down from the powerlines...' blind spot made worse by snow covered back window...

im angry now, cuz i have 2 huge chunks that snapped out of the bumper... good news is that theres only 2 pcs. and they fit perfecty back into place so i can fiberglass them back and act like it never happen.

p.s......more pics above.... check em out.
                  Nice!! Sounds like you need a rear bumper like 'zjmike' has!

More pics of his rig (and others) from Nailer, here: http://pierviews.com/photogallery/ha...ookie%2007.htm
                  -Bob
                  '98 Black TJ [COLOR=Blue]Sport[/COLOR] 4.0L/Auto Trans

My rig : http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a95...n/DSC06310.jpg

Comment

actually i need a front and rear now.

last night i almost made it all the way home.....but....

i was passing a truck and the lane apparently didnt want to be plowed any longer and it went from 1'' to 6-8" and when i hit it doing about 50.... it pulled my front left side into the guard rail and ripped the bottom driver side corner of my bumper off smashing both my fog lights....

I slid along it with my front end for about 30ft. ....then it spun me aroudn and my rear bumper nailed it pass. side first, and i slid with the rear bumper on the rail for about 40-50 ft. comming to stop as my jeep stalled sideways on rt.180.....with a rig comming towards me.

I put it in park started it up (thank god) and flew off the side of the road onto the on ramp. and evaluated the damage.

now besides the damage already incurred from me backing into the cable a few days ago.....the right side is now cracked from the inside of the hatch opening all the was down to the bottom of the bumper.

Pretty much i'm pissed and i think the rear bumper support is gonna need pulled out cuz its def. pushed in and over to the driver side slightly...

but hopefully my teacher will help me out and let me bring my car into lab and let me pull it out on the frame machine.

I'll update with some pictures when i get home friday.
                    -Brett

Comment

damn dude... bad luck. sorry to hear that.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

welcome! my goodness, maybe sell that and get a TJ! lol
                        Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

i wouldnt mind rockin a tj...

my bro's got a 90 wrangler w/ a 4cyl.....& nothing would aggrivate him more than if i got my way and got a tj with a v8 swap.
                          -Brett

Comment

new news...

picked up a set of Bushwacker fender flares, that i will be modifying to fit my jeep.

They were on a broncoII in the junk yard... the right sides were fine the drivers sides are a little cracked...

got them for $10 along with a bunch of other stuff i needed for my project car. (89 honda prelude)

They'll eventually be going on...but not until i get a lift kit and bigger/wider wheels

heres some pics.

Last edited by Toxxic; 03-28-07, 12:17 PM.
                            -Brett

Comment

more current pics.

Pics since the accident... below:

the rear bumper pretty was broke in half and i found that out when i unbolted the right side and it fell off.

My family.. My bro's 90' wrangler 4cyl...my 96' 5.2 G.C ...& my dads 00' wrangler
                              -Brett

Comment

Working...
                              X