Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making the move from Midwest to No Cal

Greetings all,

My good friends the Newmans recommended that I check into your site.. The really speak highly of you guys.

Currently I am in Chicago. Making the big move to the Bay area in January. Really looking forward to getting a better understanding of the off road opportunities in the area. We are very active with a family oriented club here in chicago. Would love some recommendations on Family oriented jeep clubs in the San Jose area.

Here are some dated and not so great poser pictures of the rig....

Looking forward to learning more about you guys.

- grub

Welcome aboard! Enjoy Cali! I sure miss it.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Nice shots! Which dunes are those? I grew up in NW IN.
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to the Fourms!
        -Allen
        |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
          Welcome aboard! Nice shots! Which dunes are those? I grew up in NW IN.
          Well then Sarah, you might just remember the dunnes at Silver Lake, MI. It was interesting. Not my kind of wheeling, but any kind of wheeling is better than work.

how did you like the transition from the midwest, to the not so midwest?

Comment

Ah yes! Been there a few times, when I lived in metro Detroit. I found it easy to go from snow to no snow, rain to no rain, cold to hot, bugs to no bugs ... well, the list goes on! My parents are in Orland Park and are wondering when I'm coming back. "Never!!!" Just make sure you have a nice bank account - I know a handful of people who had to 'go back' due to money problems.

Here's a classic photo from the big dune, hehe. Me and my bro.
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Weeeeeee! Silver Lake! Not the best running, but a great place to spend the day instead of work!
              Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Welcome! thats a nice CJ you have there! I think you and your family will be happy in Calif, lots of great clubs and a ton of great trails! Happy Jeeping!
                Jeeps Rock & Quads Too!

Comment

Welcome to Cali, or soon enough.
                  There are some good clubs in the Bay area. Check the www.cal4wheel.com and under clubs, take a look for ones in the bay area.
                  Up there, you are not too far from the Rubicon.

Depending on where in the Bay Area you end up, Holister is not that far away either.

Welcome.

Navy-Jeepster
                  Proud to be an American! Sharetrails/BRC President.
                  Sponsors: BFG, Raceline, Advance Adapters, Currie, T&T Customs.

Comment

Working...
                  X