Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions

I have a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited. I would like to get larger tires and put a new set of shocks on. Does anyone have any suggestions. I previosly owned a 2001 Wrangler Sport that came from the factory with 30" Goodyears and gas shocks. That Jeep sat up a lot taller than the Jeep I now have, did the tires make that much of a difference? Any input would be apprreciated. Thanks

That depends on how tall you would like to go. I have an 03 Sport with a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift and 33's. It sits pretty tall next to a stock Wrangler. The tires alone probably did not make that much of a difference.

BTW, welcome to the board.
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Id say you do a little suspension lift or a body lift and you should clear some 30 or 31s if thats what size tire your looking for...
      |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Would new shocks and tires make much of a difference? I dont want a dramatic change, just a few inches. I'm not ready for a suspension lift or anything like that. Thanks for welcoming me!

Comment

Originally posted by Wil39
          Would new shocks and tires make much of a difference? I dont want a dramatic change, just a few inches. I'm not ready for a suspension lift or anything like that. Thanks for welcoming me!
          Try a budget boost, there is a link here in MJR. Its cheap and will accomplish what I think your looking for. materdaddy did it to his jeep just recently.
          http://jeep.matandtiff.com/?page_id=104.
          I think you can put 30 or 31'' tires under such a lift.
          "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
          (Charles Wells)

Comment

Yup id got with Bob on this one...
            |90 XJ|4.0|AX-15|NP231|RE H&T|TnT Y-Link|RE Coils|BOR Leaves|ACOS|D30/Aussie|8.8/ARB|35" Kevlar MTRs|Custom Exo,Sliders,Bumpers|

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

If you're looking for a cheap (but good) route, The Rebucin Express Budget Boost complete with shocks is only a couple hundred bucks. (LINK) It will allow you to clear 31" tires without rubbing when disconnected offroad. If you put on a JKS 1.25" body lift, you should be ok with 32" tires, and MAYBE even 33" tires with a little bit of fender rubbing...

If you're looking to spend a little bit more, tons of people talk about the Old Man Emu 2.5" lift, and how great the ride is. A good place for that is www.dpgoffroad.com. Dirk has tons of great prices and packages.
              If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

One more question...I work in an Emergency Room over 60-70 hours a week. I have no time to install theses shocks. Is there a place I could go to get professional installation? Thanks for the help! Glad I joined!

Comment

Yeah any 4 Wheel Parts Store, pretty much any Off-Road Place will do it for you.

!!! outdoorlogic.net !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wil39
                    One more question...I work in an Emergency Room over 60-70 hours a week. I have no time to install theses shocks. Is there a place I could go to get professional installation? Thanks for the help! Glad I joined!
                    60-70 hours a week? That still gives you PLENTY of time to install a budget boost. It took me maybe an hour. Super simple if you have tools and jack/jackstands. Here's a write-up on how to do it:

http://4x4xplor.com/REBB.html
                    If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Working...
                    X