Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another newb

Hi folks. I'm new to this site but not to Jeepin. I frequent a handful of Jeep forums but always glad to find new places to obtain and share info.

My junk is a 79 CJ-5. I just finished swapping in a Scout 44 rear and Waggy 44 front. Here's a shot of it with the old AMC 20 and Dana 30...

And a couple from a few days ago...

I hope to have it back on the trail in the next week or two. Just in time for the great Arizona winter weather (70's)
    K7MTO

Sweet Wheels!! Good job!!!
    "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
    (Charles Wells)

Comment

Howdy! Rockin' Jeep!
      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

looks awsome welcome
        Head nut at Outdoorlogic
        Like us on face book to get updates about local runs, and monthly sales specials
        www.facebook.com/outdoorlogic

Comment

Your jeep rocks! Welcome aboard...
          Sarah
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Some of us are going to the Nelle E Saloon this weekend coming up if you get that real nice CJ Jeep you've got finished in time. It's the desert bar time of year so Parker... Here we come!

Rick OllllllO
            W6RE
            " [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Life-is-Good![/COLOR] "
            Rick W6RE

Comment

It'll be a few weeks yet. I still have lots of little stuff to tie up. But thanks!
              btw, I see you're a HAM. K7MTO is my AR callsign.
              K7MTO

Comment

Lotsa pork on here!

KG6TY
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                  Lotsa pork on here!

KG6TY

I'm just a lowly Tech. I first got my license as it was required for our Jeep club (back in Oregon) as we used simplex channels exclusively for our trail runs. We also participated in local SAR activities so we needed it for that too.

I intended to go back for General/Expert but haven't had the need yet as I only use the 2M and 440 AM bands for voice. I'm sure I will eventually, especially as the kids get older and don't want to play with me anymore and I need something else (besides the Jeep) to keep me busy
                  K7MTO

Comment

Don't feel bad - I'm in a class that doesn't even exist anymore (Advanced).

Pretty much limit myself to 2M and 440 voice - occasionally play a bit on 6M FM. Bought a Kenwood TM-D700 last year, will eventually interface it to the GPS for APRS.

Ran HF out of my FJ-40 back in the early 80's, plus 2M SSB - noise threshold is way too high in a 4x4 to play HF!
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart
                      Don't feel bad - I'm in a class that doesn't even exist anymore (Advanced).

I was going to say, "man you are old", but I'm 46 myself, so I can really talk
                      K7MTO

Comment

Working...
                      X