Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine warning code

Wanted to see if anyone was familiar with the code P0455 engine code. My gas cap was left off yesterday while filling up and got the warning light this afternoon. Screwed the cap back on and I still have the warning light.....any ideas?

Rick
    Rick

IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!
    http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/yellowfever_photos/[/url]

Have you check the EVAP? When did you put the cap back on? Try driving for a day or so and see if the code clears. You may have just left the gas cap off for a period long enough that the emmission control system is seeing that there is a leak. Keep the gas cap on, drive around, and see if it will read that there are infact fuel vapors as you just filled up, and see if it clears it. If not, either you've got a hole in you EVAP, or your gas cap is leaking air. Your fuel tank pressure sensor may be messing up, canister vent solenoid may be stuck open, There may be a blockage in the vapor hoses, it could be some of those as well. I don't know about Jeep fuel systems all that much, but I hope it helps.
    Last edited by YJwonderboy; 10-18-06, 05:34 PM.
    WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
    [_____]
    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
    []--o---[]

Comment

Thanks YJ I was just reading thru my manual.It's an 04 X and looks like the code is for the Evap.....i filled up yesterday around 4:00PM and I guess I left the cap off. Didn't get the code until today. Engine seems to be running normal so im not to worried about, i think in a day it will go away as well.
      Rick

IF YOU CAN'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE STAND IN FRONT OF THEM!!!
      http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j80/yellowfever_photos/[/url]

Comment

^.^ Yeah, cause if you think of it from the "laws of physics" side, gasoline evaporates like any other alchohol, causes vapors, which are then detected and cycled through the EVAP, SO, if you left the gas cap off, you depressurized the Vapors, causeing it to read as a leak, and once you put the cap on it'll take a while for the tank to "re-vaporize."
        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
        [_____]
        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
        []--o---[]

Comment

I think if you wait something like 200 miles, it should go away. If not, just unplug the computer for a few minutes and the code should clear.
          Erik

I fix things.

Comment

codes

Originally posted by TrAvELAr
            I think if you wait something like 200 miles, it should go away. If not, just unplug the computer for a few minutes and the code should clear.
            If you go to autozone, they will let you use there code reader for free. I would just reset it (disconnect battery for 5 min) and see what happens....MATT

______
            [_____]
            (ollllllllo)
            []---o-[]
            "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Working...
            X