Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie in the Jeep World!

Hey guys, I just got a very long awaited 02 Sahara TJ last week...I have wanted a Jeep since I was 14..but dad said I would roll it...then in the military but now im 21 and finally got one and I am so excited to get started! I thought I would join MJR...well to meet some cool people and get some good advice!!! Look forward to meetin you all!

Cody
    Just trying to get to Cali!

Hey neighbor. I live in White Marsh.

Welcome aboard and lets see some pics of your Jeep!
    Erik

I fix things.

Comment

hey whats up man! I was hopein to meet some people around me! Im trying to figure out how to post some pics..i just got it so there is nothing done to it yet...but its going to be a work in progress!

Comment

Cool. I look forward to seeing it.

There aren't many locals on here. A few, but no one thats regular. Someone from Belair I think signed up a couple of weeks ago, but he never acknowleged my presence when I said I was in the area.
        Erik

I fix things.

Comment

lol that kinda sucks...i found a kid lastnight on cardomain from westminster. I havent got anything back from him yet..he has the 2in RE BB im thinking about getting for now though and i was wondering if he had any info on it...do you know anything about it? I want to get something temp until I can afford the RE 4.5 in SF kit and everything I need to get it done!

Comment

Nope. I have a RE 3.5 on mine. Don't know anything about the BB tho.
            Erik

I fix things.

Comment

oh ok...you like the RE lift though? There is a pic on my avatar...still trying to figure all this out! Do you ever go to paragon? I might be going up there for the Jeep 101 crouse coming up in 2 weeks i think? If not where do you usually go offroading out around here?

Comment

Sadly, I haven't been offroading in the area since I moved here 2 years ago. I head up to MI a few times a year and hit some areas up there. A few places in PA that aren't bad either.

Yea. Like my RE. It's done me well. I think I have some 1.5" spacers if you want start with that until you can afford your lift. It'll give you a little more clearance anyways.
                Erik

I fix things.

Comment

oh cool man...im not from there area either..i grew up in kansas. How much you want for the spacers? what are they coil spacers? sorry im really knew to the whole jeep and lifts thing..im just learning everything. Lol im at work right now checking all this stuff out.

I really want to do some wheeling though..i have ran over lil stuff and its cool but not as fun...i really want to get the time to head up to Paragon in PA!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Hope you guys can meet up and get some trails in.
                    Sarah
                    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Yea that would be cool sarah! Thanks for welcoming me!!!

Comment

Very cool! Welcome to MJR. Looking forward to seeing any pictures you can take as you find places to ride there. Would love to see your part of the world. Sooo different here.

BobO
                        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Yea i am trying to figure out how to upload pics...i guess it would just be easier when I become a member. Most of the pics I have right now look like the ones in my avatar. There arent really many places to go right around where I live..Paragon is a few hours away from me though and i hope to get up there soon. Its no where near as good as out there by you though...I was stationed at Pendleton in 04 and got all over cali..i love everything away from LA and Diego!

Comment

Originally posted by KNCJeeper
                            Yea i am trying to figure out how to upload pics...i guess it would just be easier when I become a member. Most of the pics I have right now look like the ones in my avatar. There arent really many places to go right around where I live..Paragon is a few hours away from me though and i hope to get up there soon. Its no where near as good as out there by you though...I was stationed at Pendleton in 04 and got all over cali..i love everything away from LA and Diego!
                            Welcome to MJR. Looks like you have the same color combo on you 02 TJ that I do. I don't see that much. I think I would rather have the soft top than the hard, yours looks pretty nice. Hope you find some more folks to wheel with out there. It's a blast. What branch of the military? I was Navy a long time ago. Just read the post right above this one. Jarhead huh? UUUURAHHH!
                            Welcome!
                            Rat
                            [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                            [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                            http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Hey Rat...Im in the Marines...I just came off active duty though and am in the Reserves now!

Yea i am hoping to find some people to wheel with..althougth there aint that great of places around except for Paragon which is a few hours away from here. I am going up for drill weekind though in the Mtns in PA so maybe I will find some stuff up there i hope to play in.

Right now Im trying to decide where to go...I really want the 4.5" RE SF lift but I cant afford all that right now some im trying to get feedback on the 2" BB from RE and maybe find a used par of the rubi wheels and tires to throw on for the time being..

thanks for welcoming me

Comment

Working...
                              X