Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The senior project

here are some pics of my senior project for school tell me what ya think its got:
    383 stroker
    40' tires
    i think the rims are 15x15 i know there 15 wide
    its going to have a 6 point roll cage and racing seats the ones in it are temp ones so we can drive it
    we took it for a little spin the in river and it was nothin its only got 2wd at the moment the front drive shafts bent and being fixed
    we also took it up a giant hill prob around 45 degree angle and 50 yards tall and it was nothing to it

this things a beast and alot of fun JUST A GAS PIG

srry dont know how to resize the pics

nice job

Wow I wish that I got to do something that cool for senior project. Well done. Any plans to take that thing somewhere to beat on when it's finished?
    '79 cj7, SOA. shackle reverse, custom cage, flow master, holly carb, 35" maxxis tires, custom bumpers and rockers, dana 44's locked, bead locks

Comment

yup were going to do mud drags and a bunch of diffrent things its going to be pretty fun untill the first scratch lol it was made to be fun not to sit around or drive on the road

Comment

Wow. Looks nice and it looks like a lot of fun. Is that a Chevy logo on the side under the Jeep logo?
        Erik

I fix things.

Comment

O.o It's beautiful. My senior project is my '91 YJ...and I'm simply restoring it...and adding a few critter comforts. But wow, that's really nice. I'm totally lovin the Super Swamper TRUXS S/Ts, my dad's got some 29's on his '01 APEX. Nothing like a 40, but they are really nice, have decent sidewalls for a smooth street ride, and with a proper bead they make AWSOME offroad tires cause they've got just the right kind of groove to shed mud. But a 383 stroker is wicked awsome man! I'm a senior in Highschool so...I hope to get the jeep done before I graduate...I gotta put a tranny in my Ford Taurus for my sister first....saying as I'm the one who blew it.
          WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
          [_____]
          (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
          []--o---[]

Comment

yes it is a chevy logo lol since it has a chevy engine this started out as to restoring the jeep it already had the 383 in it but it turned into this you should see what we started with all have to post a pic once i find one but its fun i started it as a junior in highschool and now im a senior and its almost done wat a diffrence a year can make

Comment

Yes...and what a beautiful beast it turned out to be!!
              WTF Mate?

______
              [_____]
              (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
              []--o---[]

Comment

you sure it's safe for your headers to be so close to your tires? It may jsut be the picture angle, but if you hit too hard a bump or something, and your tires might take out that header. Or the heat from the header might melt the tires....I dunno...looks a little tight.
                WTF Mate?

______
                [_____]
                (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                []--o---[]

Comment

so far so good wit the headers there havent been any problems and we have been driving it alot theres prob somthing like 4-6 inches or more havent measured it

Comment

Ok, that's cool. Man I wish my Yj had 4.6L Stroker 6cyl, but that's REALLY nice. How much has this project set you back?
                    WTF Mate?

______
                    [_____]
                    (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                    []--o---[]

Comment

my step dads been the one putting the money in im going to be doing a comaro this weekend so thats were all my moneys going but i would have to say around $5000 to $6000 we got the jeep for 800 and it came wit the stroker engine just needed to be cleaned up and we did everything ourselves so no labor cost witch is what gets people but it hasent really been that bad also those tires are like 340 each but we got them at the swap meet for 600 for the 4 witch was cool.

Comment

Working...
                      X