Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey, I just want to introduce myself..I'm new to this forum..my name is niko...I just bought my first Jeep Wrangler Sport two weeks ago..its black...has a 3in lift, with 33in tires...i love my new jeep and i am already dreaming of all the things i plan to do to it! I actually already bought a bikini top with dust cover and wind jammer..probably to worst $200 i could of spent on my jeep..because i already have switched back to the soft top because the other one does not totally seal out the weather..and in maryland it is not always 90 and clear...anyway, i've just bought the bushwacker fender flares and i'm struggling dearly to get thses things on...ther screws holding the fenders in are a Muther#$*#!% to get off! if anyone has any insight or suggestions, let me know..anyway, glad to be part of this forum....Thanx

i've just bought the bushwacker fender flares and i'm struggling dearly to get thses things on...ther screws holding the fenders in are a Muther#$*#!% to get off! if anyone has any insight or suggestions, let me know..anyway, glad to be part of this forum....Thanx[/quote]

The best way to get the old flares off is to rub them off on some big rocks! Otherwise, patience is key. WD40, and if all else fails, a saws-all.
    Welcome to MJR. Enjoy your new Jeep in the soon-to-come East coast winter. Been there, done that...
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Hey man! I'm just to the south in White Marsh. Welcome to the board! Shoot me a PM and maybe we can hook up to get those fender flares on.
      Erik

I fix things.

Comment

Welcome to the board...... yeah rubbing them there fenders against rocks works... I am learning how myself as of late.

Have a great time wheeln!
        "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
        (Charles Wells)

Comment

Originally posted by Mtbikbob
          Welcome to the board...... yeah rubbing them there fenders against rocks works... I am learning how myself as of late.

Have a great time wheeln!
          Ain't that the truth Bob!!!

If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Welcome aboard!
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome aboard. I can empathise on both counts. I hated my Bestop bikini & windjammer so much that I sold them after a year. It flopped around in the wind no matter how much I tightened it and of course even with door surrounds you get too much weather coming in. I would love it when it had rained overnight and then I'd pull away and the collected rainwater would pour in on my lap.:doh
              Flares are a PITA to get off, but trust me, it can be done. Parking in the sun helps out. If the tub liner is warm, it bends easier for you to get your hand in between the tub and the liner. HTH
              RE BB, 1" BL, 32 X 11.5 BFG ATs, blah, blah, blah...

Comment

[QUOTE=Materdaddy]Ain't that the truth Bob!!!

Oh, I was just trying to impress the cute little lady standing in front. I lost no fenders in this event.

Anyway, Tumbleweed, how did you manage to get them there fenders off?
                "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                (Charles Wells)

Comment

Mtbikebob, between the lockers and sliders its a tough day for you!!
                  The Second Amendment protects all the rest!

HI-LIFTS never go jeepin without it

Comment

Originally posted by freewaydan
                    Mtbikebob, between the lockers and sliders its a tough day for you!!
                    Now now, we're:hijack: here. But I will tell ya. I got out of there with no lockers needed. Damage was very minimal to the side of the rocker. Just a kiss of the rock. I will be back to show them all non believers, that 'no locker Bob', don't need no stinking lockers.

Although they'd be nice to have.
                    (Charles Wells)

Comment

hey guys...thanx for the response...haha...i'm lucky i didnt read your replies before i got the fenders off, or i would of definelty found a rock to get them off..haha...but i did get them off...with alot a patience and time...i also got a sun burn doing it because it took awhile... some of the screws you cant get to because you cant reach around to the back... the small side fenders below the door i had to just cut off because the fasteners holding the screws in where spinning with the screw...i'm just going to get the body armor to cover up the holes on the side..anyway...putting on the new fenders were a bitch too...but there on so its all ok...actually..i wasnt able to get one screw in because of the fact i couldnt reach around to put a bolt on the back...any suggestions? as for the Bikini top..yea they suck!! dont waste your money if you dont live in a place where its 90 and clear 365 dayz a year!! haha....BTW..I'm selling mine if anyones interested...there probably is a section on here for that stuff...anyway...thanx guys

Comment

Alabama is wonderful for Bikini's. It's not clear 24/7 365....but with southern humidity they are wonderful to have when your jeep doesn't have AC. Although winter is gonna suck...cause I don't heat either.
                        WTF Mate?

Confucious Say: He who stand on toilet...is high on pot.

______
                        [_____]
                        (HllllllllH) vroom VROOM
                        []--o---[]

Comment

So you want to buy it from me? I really would like sell it becuase i will never use it again

Comment

Working...
                          X