Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jorders

Good morning or afternoon wherever you are. i have just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I live in the south and have an '80 CJ5 which i have recently completed renovations. the last step was to change my narrow track axles which came on this jeep stock to the wide track axles. that is how i stumbled onto this web site MJR. i bought a set of axles from a guy in texas and have put them under my jeep. my jeep previously had a 3:07 ratio and the new axles have a 4:10 ratio. i have 33" tires and my speedometer is now off quite a bit. i am looking for someone that can give me guidance as to what speedometer gear to get my jeep back to normal. john.

Originally posted by Jorders
    Good morning or afternoon wherever you are. i have just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I live in the south and have an '80 CJ5 which i have recently completed renovations. the last step was to change my narrow track axles which came on this jeep stock to the wide track axles. that is how i stumbled onto this web site MJR. i bought a set of axles from a guy in texas and have put them under my jeep. my jeep previously had a 3:07 ratio and the new axles have a 4:10 ratio. i have 33" tires and my speedometer is now off quite a bit. i am looking for someone that can give me guidance as to what speedometer gear to get my jeep back to normal. john.
    John,
    Welcome to MJR. http://www.4wheelparts.com/4wp/ORS/gear_calculator.asp
    THis link takes you to a gear calculator at 4 wheel Parts. THey are online and have stores all over. Use the calculator to figure out you RPM with your new tire size/gear ratio, then you can search for the right gear at any off road parts house or speedo shop. Summit racing also sells them. They're inexpensive and fairly easy to install, depending on your configuration.
    Hope this helps ya,
    Rat
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Welcome to the site!
      Sarah
      :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Welcome to MJR!!! Quadratech also has a speedo gear matrix to fiqure out what gear you would need. the matrix is in their latest catalog.
        :wink:

Comment

Working...
        X